Monday, April 6, 2015

Etude House Sugar Tint Balm (Cranberry Pie & Grapefruit Tea)

When I visited Etude House last month, these new lippies caught my eye immediately! I'm a fan of tinted lip balms since they're like the best of both worlds - care and color with just one swipe.

Etude House Sugar Tint Balm

This lip balm and lip tint in one comes in vibrant colors to finish your summer look! It gently hugs your lips containing Jojoba Oil, Organic Argan Oil, and Vitamin E to immediately moisturize and maintain soft lips for long hours. Its special formula melts away dead skin cells, leaving only smooth and healthy lips!


I have two shades from the range, which are Cranberry Pie and Grapefruit Tea. I appreciate that the attractive packaging comes with descriptions and ingredients in English, and also the manufacturing date.


Etude House did a great job with the box. It looks so sweet with all the candy sprinkles on it! However, the tube itself was simple, but still, very functional. How is that so? Read on!

Etude House Sugar Tint Balm in Cranberry Pie


The packaging of the Sugar Tint Balm comes with a screw cap. *Slow clap for Etude House* A common problem with usual lip balms are the caps that easily come off, making a sticky mess inside your makeup kit or bag. The screw cap is a genius idea since it securely locks the product in.

However, I did a not so genius move... Haha!


I was curious on how long the 4g tube of Sugar Tint Balm was, so I twisted the product until it reached this point. Then, it wouldn't go down! :o NOOO... It was quite frustrating and funny at the same time. Frustrating since it's a spanking new lippie in a lovely shade, and I would hate to depot it this soon. Funny since it was the first time I ever prayed for a lippie to go back down into its tube. Well, it worked. Haha!


But not without a little product wastage and mess. Beats depotting it, any day!

Swatches:

1 swipe vs 5 swipes


Cranberry Pie is a lovely and bright pinkish red shade. I love how pigmented it is! One swipe can already liven up your look.


The color is buildable, so you can get a more intense red when you pile it on. However, I don't recommend piling on too much, since it has a creamy, buttery texture that may have the tendency to slide off (onto your teeth, for that matter). Anything in excess is bad! :D Lasting power is average. Like any lip balm, it gets rubbed off when you eat or drink. It doesn't leave a stain on your lips as it fades.

When worn:

Can't believe this one's a lip balm and not a lipstick! ♥

Etude House Sugar Tint Balm in Grapefruit Tea


Because I've learned my lesson earlier, I just raised the lippie to this level so you can see the shade inside the tube. Haha!

Swatches:

1 swipe vs 5 swipes


Grapefruit Tea is a pretty peachy pink shade. I'm not a fan of grapefruit so good thing this one doesn't smell like it. (All Sugar Tint Balms have the same subtly sweet, fruity scent.) It's less pigmented than Cranberry Pie, but definitely more friendly for everyday use.


I have a feeling that this shade could look washed out on other complexions, because it's quite a light and milky shade of peach. But as for me, I'm loving it since it makes me look like a good girl. Haha :D



Etude House Sugar Tint Balm is available in 8 shades:
✦ #1 Strawberry Milk
✦ #2 Cranberry Pie
✦ #3 Apple Kiss 
✦ #4 Tomato Ketchup  
✦ #5 Pink Macaron
✦ #6 Grapefruit Tea
✦ #7 Grape Jam  
✦ #8 Blackberry Jam

Price: P498.00
Available in all Etude House stores nationwide

Like Etude House Philippines on Facebook for more information.

What shade of the Sugar Tint Balm do you like best? :D

Love,
Helen

1 comment:

  1. I was so impressed with the kick of color when I swatched! It made me do a double take. I remember liking Grape Jam, so I'll check it out again next time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...