Monday, October 6, 2014

Ellana Poreless Perfection FOTD + Haul

A few weeks ago, I attended the Poreless Perfection Makeup Workshop with Julia Arenas, in partnership with Ellana Minerals. When Liz asked me if I could model for the workshop, I just had to excuse myself from Saturday OT work. Mwahaha! :D

The workshop was a small intimate one, and if I were the attendee I'd like it that way. I learned a lot of makeup tips, such as counter-shading, appreciating a not so pink blush and leanrning that it could work for me too, using blush as your eyeshadow (!), doing eyebrow makeup, combining a lipliner + lipgloss, and more! The workshop is perfect if you want to learn more about how work with mineral makeup. I was so amazed with Julia's magic hands. She used my Chai Tea Latte Foundation on me, and I have that at home, but I can't do it the way she did my base and made my skin look so flawless and poreless. This is the day makeup look she did on me.


Products used:
  • Foundation: Ellana Loose Mineral Powder Foundation in Chai Tea Latte as base, French Vanilla Latte to countershade (reverse contour/highlight)
  • Concealer: Ellana Loose Mineral Powder Concealer in Cheer (the exact shade counterpart for Chai Tea Latte Foundation)
  • Blush: Ellana Mineral Blush Duo in Kitten/Peach Passion
  • Eyebrows: Eyebrow/Eyeshadow Quad in Wish, Beloved, Hush, Intense
  • Eyeshadow: Ellana Mineral Blush Duo in Kitten/Peach Passion

That's no editing or blurring or anything. It's just all Ellana Cosmetics! I love how the mineral powders settle nicely on my oily skin. After an hour or so, it look as if I have dewy liquid makeup on (but again, it's just powder!) :D


After the workshop was shopping! I stocked up on some old and new Ellana faves.

Ellana Loose Mineral Powder Foundation in Chai Tea Latte Refill (P330.00)

If you're not a fan, then you'll not be thrilled that this small, flat sachet would cost P330.00, but for me this one's more than 6 months worth of good face base! ♥


I've used my pot of loose foundation for around 7 months already. It was almost filled to the brim back then, and now it has been reduced to this! Can't wait to finish this so I can refill. Haha! :D

Ellana Let's Make It Last Makeup Primer (P450.00)

I think I can live without primer, but I've read tons of rave reviews on this. Plus, my new workshop friends were also all raving about this. Must be really good! I hope this can really make my base last then entire day, compared to the usual 5-6 hours wear.


They say this one's the liquid counterpart of the Sheer Velvet HD Powder Primer.

Ellana Mineral Blush Duo in Kitten/Peach Passion (P460.00)

This one's the ultimate blush of the day! I particularly love the blush shade Peach Passion, a nude warm peach blush with a subtle glow. It's so versatile and not corny even if you use it both on your cheeks and lids for a unified look.

Ellana Baby Buki (P400.00)

It's a slanted flat-top baby kabuki brush that comes in a shiny silver case. The brush density is nice and it picks up mineral pigments well. Sooo happy to finally gotten this one! :D

My growing and much-loved Ellana makeup stash! ♥

Whenever my skin reacts when testing different products, I always go back to Ellana mineral makeup to give my skin rest, and my skin rebalances and recovers quickly that way.

I'm raving so much not just because I'm an affiliate. In fact, I think I'm doing a bad job at that, because whenever my colleagues would chat me up and ask me where they could buy Ellana products, I'd tell them "The Ramp Trinoma" since Trinoma is just a stone-throw away from my workplace, plus I would love for them to discover their exact shade match in one go. Lol. But hey, if you buy online you'd still get 15% off on your first purchase! :D

Love,
Helen

4 comments:

  1. UGH. Kitten / Peach Passion is soo lovely. I'm so torn between that and another eyeshadow quad :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get Kitten/Peach Passion, stat! Peach Passion can also be used as eyeshadow. ♥ ♥ ♥

      It's my fave blush until now. :)

      Delete
  2. I am loving your blog, Helen! So happy about our workshop and Ellana haul too! Thanks for encouraging me to go back to blogging. See you again soon! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear! I enjoyed the workshop as well! See you soon! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...