Sunday, April 13, 2014

Ellana Loose Mineral Powder Foundation in Chai Tea Latte

If you're looking for a foundation that won't hurt your skin (and wallet), then you've come to the right place. ;)

Ellana Loose Mineral Powder Foundation in Chai Tea Latte
Our Intensive Blend provides a medium to heavy coverage, with a completely matte finish. Best for oily to combination skin.

Ellana Mineral Cosmetics is proudly made in the Philippines, and what I love most about it is that this range of foundation has a huge variety of shades in different yellowish undertones (such as cool, warm, and olive) so every Filipina is sure to find her match. I've found my match in the shade Chai Tea Latte!


The packaging is simple but beautiful (as you can see Soleil Ignacio's illustration). It comes in a black box, while the jar itself is made of acrylic. At the back are the descriptions, instructions, and ingredients.


It also comes with a sifter, but mine's more like a cover since it has no hole! I've learned to work with it though.


I just tap the desired amount on the underside of the cap, and I dip my flat top brush there and buff away! Remember how I used to avoid all types of loose powder makeup for fear of the mess? It turns out, with practice (say, daily use), I can now apply it with zero mess! :D

Swatches:

Chai Tea Latte

The powder is soft and very finely milled. It may look a bit dark on my arm when blended, but on my face it's a good match for my skintone.

When Worn

Ever since I got Ellana Loose Mineral Powder Foundation last January, I've been using it every single day in lieu of my other face bases. I've noticed that when I use certain foundations or BB creams for consecutive weeks, I wouldn't really break out, but sometimes I would get small whiteheads (or comedones) so I'd have to pause for a while.  (They go away whenever I stop using makeup.) With Ellana, I am confident that it doesn't cause me any form of skin irritations - probably because it has no fragrances, fragrances, or additional fillers that could potentially irritate the skin.


Pros:
  • Medium coverage
  • Very pigmented
  • No parabens and fragrances
  • Feels lightweight
  • Minimizes the appearance of redness and uneven skintone 
  • Yields a poreless finish
  • Looks really natural in person and in photos
  • Zero breakouts and skin irritations
  • Doesn't oxidize on my oily skin
  • Lasts for about 5 hours
  • Super affordable for its amount and quality

Cons:
  • No SPF
  • Isolated case, but my sifter didn't come with a hole

Tips:
  • Apply a primer beforehand to make this last longer
  • For dry skin, moisturizing is a must before application
  • Best applied using a soft flat top brush

Price:
  • P460.00 for 6g
  • P330.00 for refill
Available online at Ellana's website and The Ramp Crossings (Trinoma, Shangri-La, Glorietta 3).

I'd recommend this to those who have sensitive, oily, and/or acne prone skin, since this one has superb coverage (that's able to cancel out redness) and yet is very gentle on the skin. Like Ellana Cosmetics on Facebook for more information. :)

Love,
Helen

9 comments:

  1. GANDA!! Parang photoshopped pero hindi :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ganda! Parang phinotoshop pero hindi! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lippie did you use in this pic?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm wearing The Body Shop Colour Crush Lipstick in 335 Hot Date. Review here: http://luckycitrine.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-body-shop-colour-crush-makeup.html

      Delete
  4. ganda ng skin mo! kakainis! hahaha char! maganda ba blushes nila? kasi pag sinabi mineral naiisip ko may micro shimmers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merong shimmer parin, but very subtle and glowing. My fave blush from Ellana is Kitten/Peach Passion. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...