Sunday, February 24, 2013

Belle de Jour Rendezvous: Wellness Work-up

Yesterday was a super fun day because I got the chance to attend the very first Belle de Jour (BDJ) Rendezvous for 2013, entitled "Wellness Work-up". Attending events like this is just one of the many perks of being a Bella. (If you want to be a Bella too, do get your very own Belle De Jour Power Planner 2013 ASAP! It comes with a BDJ Lifestyle Card that serves as your ticket to their events.) I've been a Bella since 2009, and I am planning to be one for as long as the BDJ planner exists. My friends and I were joking on how we were already BDJ veterans (who refuse to graduate), since there was so much new faces that we couldn't recognize anymore. That being said, it's another opportunity to meet new friends who share the same passion as I do.

Belle De Jour Rendezvous: Wellness Work-up

 Ria, Krystle, I, and Ghie - all excited for the event to start!
 

Spring Up Your Wardrobe with Vania Romoff, Philippine Fashion Week S/S 2013 Designer

Bellas were updated with the latest spring fashion trends with this short talk by Vania Romoff. She's so stunningly gorgeous that we were all speechless after the talk.

Spring 2013 Trends:
  • Black & White (my personal favorite!)
  • Ruffles
  • Kimono Robes
  • Stripes
  • Short suits
  • Tunic/dresses over trousers

Don't Stress It Out with Ducky Villanueva, Professional Counselor & Instructor at John Robert Powers

The second talk was about Stress Management, headed by Ducky Villanueva from John Robert Powers. This was a very empowering segment that taught us how to handle stress.


I found it really interesting when she said that we could use a certain type of laughter as a means to relieve stress from certain parts of the body. We also learned proper breathing techniques, and simple exercises to relax the mind and body.

Here are some ways to beat stress:


A Youthful Fit with Lara Parpan, Editor-in-Chief of Women's Health Magazine

This talk by Lara Parpan, EIC of Women's Health Magazine was very inspiring and real. Lara is a true authority when it comes to advise for healthy living as she really practices what she preaches, and is so fit and toned to boot. In the talk, we learned various tips about sports activities and fitness exercises that we could do. I am thisclose to wanting to go to the gym so I could finally gain some weight (and maybe even curves), but I shall try out different workouts first before committing to one. (A very important lesson I learned that day.)

10 Tips for a Healthy Lifestyle
 

I've also learned that you don't have to spend a long time in the gym just so you could achieve your desired weight/body. A more effective and efficient routine is one that makes your body exert more effort in just a short span of time (say, 30 minutes). Because of my renewed appreciation for health and wellness, I was savoring every bit of information I read from my back issues of Women's Health at home. Looks like I'll be buying one next month and beyond! Can't wait for the new issue!


During the break, we were served a sumptuous meal consisting of a sandwich, spaghetti, buffalo wings, and a fudgy chocolate brownie. As I was backreading my previous BDJ Rendezvous post, I saw the same delicious food served in the past. I enjoyed it even more this time since I was so hungry!
 

Of course, Bellas won't leave the BDJ Rendezvous empty-handed as BDJ and their generous sponsors has game and raffle prizes for everyone!
 
Angel and I

 
Ria, Krystle, RM and I


Aside from the raffle prize, each Bella took home a loot bag! I think that their loot bags from previous years/events had a lot of nicer stuff in it. Now it's more of flyers and discount vouchers. But this loot bag was just the cherry on top since we all had a great day of fun, food, games, and learning. Nothing can beat that!


I got really lucky yesterday since I won this Garnier gift pack. When I fist peeked inside the paper bag, I though that the boxed one was a moisturizer, but I was so happy and relieved that it's the Garnier Light Eye Roll-On! I've been wanting to try it for ages, and that alone already made me super grateful for this prize. I am also excited to use the GarnierBody LightExtra Whitening Repair Milk Lotion! It has the same fresh, citrusy scent as their face moisturizers (which I personally find too fragrant for facial use but perfect for a body lotion).

Thank you for the fun-filled day, Belle de Jour Power Planner! My Bella friends and I can't wait to attend your next event. :)

Love,
Helen

14 comments:

  1. The event yesterday was so much fun Helen! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Can't wait for the next one! See you again soon, Mariel! :)

      Delete
  2. Nice! Thanks Helen. I felt I was there too as I read your blog. Ü

    ReplyDelete
  3. inggit inggit inggit!!! hahahaha ive just subscribed to bdj for 6 mons starting december last year...so literally these are new to me...if i still live not far frow there i'd definitely be a regular...thank you so much for posting WAYS TO BEAT STRESS these are all doable and mostly comes for free...i'll definitely be writing this down. aside from very informative chit chats you shared are the generous prizes and gifts/give-aways..males it more exciting..and lastly..reading between the lines looks like you were able to make good friends..sana when the time comes...i'd be able to experience this kind of event too. god bless you more ms helen :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh where are you from? Maybe you could join in the next BDJ event, and maybe we could finally meet! BDJ girls are very friendly so you'd make new friends there for sure!

      I loved the ways to beat stress part too, very simple, effective, and doable! :)

      Delete
    2. im live here in albay..yes hopefully we could meet :-) by the way i read you won too from kiehls i also did :-D cant wait to grab that calendar with a dozen coupons :-)

      Delete
    3. Oh congrats! :D I didn't know there were coupons inside; I just joined! Hahaha! I hope they allow me to claim it in Trinoma. I can't drop by their office during weekdays because of work.

      Delete
  4. Yay! May Black Beauty Product pala yung loot bag nyo ate. haha. Ang ganda nung new endorser nyan ee, Haha, Si Julie Anne :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Di ko alam na may new endorser sila! Hahaha! This will be my first time to try Black Beauty, nasa okay siya sakin. :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Yup! Been wanting to try the Garnier Eye Roll-on for so long! :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Hello fellow Bella! Hope to meet you in future BDJ events. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...