I've always used liquid makeup as base despite my oily skin type, because I find that that type of makeup works best when it comes to evening out my skin tone. For the past 4 months, I've used my trusty BB cream everyday when I go to work. Sometimes, I top it off with powder to make it last longer, but there comes a point where I don't like to overwhelm my skin with too many layers of makeup. (My skin needs to breathe after all!) So then, I decided to streamline my makeup routine with this handy little product: The Body Shop All-In-One Face Base in 035 (new shade).
The Body Shop All-In-One Face Base (P1,295.00)
This combined foundation and powder gives a velvety, matte base. Use this product dry for a light matte finish or wet for higher coverage. Includes sponge and detachable mirror. Dermatologically tested.
No added fragrance
Includes sponge and mirror
My previous shade from this range was 02. The All-In-One Face Base has new shades released, and shade 035 was recommended to me by the SA as a better match for my skin - and it is! This range has 5 new shades released, and now there are more darker shades for our gorgeous morena sisters.
This powder foundation compact comes with a sponge applicator and mirror (which separates the applicator and the product). I haven't used the sponge yet, since I use a big, fluffy brush as applicator.
The compact has a decent amount of product, 9g of face base goodness, but it's kind of pricey for a face powder on its regular price. Good thing it's on sale now - P200.00 off plus additional 10% off for Love Your Body members!
At first, I thought that this would just be another pressed powder. I would just use this as a finishing touch over my makeup. One day, I decided to use this alone (with just sunblock underneath), and I fell in love with it! It kept my face matte all day - and no other product ever did that to me.
- The packaging looks posh and elegant.
- It gives light to medium coverage when used dry.
- It can be used with a wet sponge for heavy coverage (but I haven't tried that yet).
- It looks perfectly light and natural on my skin. If there's a "my lips but better" shade for lipsticks, then this is indeed "my skin but better".
- The silky powder melts on to the skin to even out discolorations, and I love the coverage it gives.
- I apply it only during the morning, and it lasts ALL DAY, even with my oily skin. I have to blot once by afternoon to freshen up.
- It does not oxidize or turn orange on my skin.
- It made my skin look radiant and fresh all day!
- It's pricey if not on sale. (But then, The Body Shop holds sales regularly, so the next time I chance upon this at 40% off, I would surely buy!)
- While the packaging looks nice, it can easily be scratched, and fingerprints stick to it.
This is one of my lazy makeup looks for work. I just used sunblock (as my moisturizer and makeup base), a little bit of concealer on my undereyes, and the All-In-One Face Base in 035 on my entire face. It managed to keep my skin matte but still glowing all day.
While the All-In-One BB Cream is the star product of the All-In-One Makeup Range, the All-In-One Face Base is my favorite. To each her own, after all! While I could go on and on raving about this product, but it's better if you try it out in-store. The friendly SAs of The Body Shop would gladly assist you in finding your perfect All-In-One Face Base shade!