Sunday, January 8, 2012

Peri Peri Charcoal Chicken

Before 2011 ended, I met up with my favorite girl friends (from way back in high school). Funny how when we met after a long time of not seeing each other (sometimes, even for months), the bond we have is still strong and we're still close as ever. I just love my high school friends! Another thing I love about seeing them is that we all live in the North area, so meeting up meant either Trinoma or SM North - super convenient. This time around, we had dinner in Peri Peri Charcoal Chicken in SM North EDSA Annex.

Mozzarella Sticks (6 pcs.) (P145.00)
Breaded fried mozzarella sticks with chunky marinara sauce

For starters, we ordered Mozzarella Sticks. Since I love anything and everything with cheese, then this was a must try. Compared to other cheese sticks I've tried from other restaurants, this one was bigger in size. I like the slightly crisp coating of the mozzarella sticks - it added texture to the chewy cheese. Dip it in marinara sauce, and it tasted like pizza. Yum!

One whole Peri Peri Chicken in Lemon & Garlic (P375.00)

For the main course, we had the famous Peri Peri Chicken. What makes Peri Peri's Chicken unique is because it uses the Peri Peri spice, which came from the African Bird's Eye Chili discovered by Portuguese explorers in Africa over a century ago. (Sounds like a history lesson.) The chicken is never frozen (which means it is fresh), and it is marinated for 24 hours in either lemon & garlic, mild and hot flavors. We chose lemon & garlic because we're not fans of spicy food. The chicken is trimmed off excess fat and charcoal grilled - not fried. Peri Peri Chicken is a healthier alternative for chicken lovers out there.

Sizzling Beef Fajita (P375.00)

Looking at the order, I noticed that the there was too much tortilla wrap and too little beef. We weren't able to touch the tortilla wrap of this dish. We just ate the beef and cheese with rice.

Steamed Rice (Solo) (P30.00)


Sometimes, I think that this is the main reason why people dine here (well, for those who can drink a lot in one sitting). Since we ordered one whole chicken, our table could avail of 4 orders of unlimited soup and beverage - different flavors of soups, juices, hot teas, and brewed coffee. I tried 1 out of 3 soups but I forgot which variant, and it tasted a bit starchy. The mango juice was good though.

Good food, great company! Till the next time! :)

Love,
Helen

2 comments:

  1. wow, the mozarella sticks are looking yummy! I just recently visited this at SM Annex and blogged about it here: http://davaofoodguide.blogspot.com/2012/09/peri-peri-charcoal-chicken-at-sm-annex.html

    I will surely be back. Glad you enjoyed it like I did :) Btw, would like to follow each other? Just let me know if you're up for it! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Abby! :D The mozzarella sticks were indeed delicious! It's been a while since I last visited Peri Peri.

      I followed your blog! Hope you can follow me back as well. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...