Saturday, January 14, 2012

Get Stripped!

Hearing "Brazilian Wax" might make some wince in pain and run and hide, but you'd get over that once you've been Stripped! Strip (in Greenbelt 5 and also in Serendra) is the go-to place when you want to get waxed from head to toe. Browhaus is also conveniently located inside Strip so you can also have your brows groomed in one go. Here at Strip, you don't have to worry about cleanliness, oh-so-painful waxing procedures, lack of privacy - their waxperts called Striperellas all have you covered! Striperellas undergo a strict training boot camp of at least 4 weeks before servicing their first customer, so they do know what they are doing!

With Bec

With Jenny, a Strip virgin

Inside Strip - walls covered with articles and testimonials

Virgin Forest Guidebook

X'ed Out Treatment Cream for post-wax care and ingrown hair prevention/treatment


A sealed Hygiene Pack containing latex gloves, spatulas, wet wipes, cotton pads and buds, is provided to each customer. Strip is the pioneer for the "No Double Dipping" policy - each spatula is disposed off after every application.


I was led to a very clean and spacious private room for the waxing. I appreciate Strip's high regard for privacy with their procedures. Behind the door was a thick curtain so you can see, maximum privacy in case someone accidentally opens the door! Haha. The previous waxing salon I've been to only had cubicles with a curtain covering the entrance, and you'd literally hear your cubicle neighbor chitchatting their therapist during the entire procedure.


Comfortable bed with clean towels

and a squeezable version of Jenny for those ouchie "deep breath" moments!


Strip formulates their own high quality wax which you can't buy or get anywhere else. Strip has a combination of Soft (Strip) and Hard (Hot) wax - available depending on customer preference and suitability. Lavender is for larger areas of the body like the underarms and legs. For Brazilian wax, Chocolate is used for minimum pain. For Brazilian virgins, Strawberry wax is used since hair is more fine and skin is more delicate.

So how did the procedure go? Strip practices their HSQ mantra, which stands for Hygiene, Speed, and Quality. After cleansing with the wet wipe (something that was again, foreign to the previous waxing salon I've been to), Cristy (my Striperella) applied the warm chocolate wax (with gloved hands) on my skin using a clean spatula. Its warmth took a little getting used to, since it was my first time to experience hot wax. After a few seconds, my skin got used to the warmth and it felt rather soothing. I loved the chocolate wax because it smelled great, like real chocolate actually. A cloth or paper-strip was then pressed on top and ripped off quickly against the direction of hair growth. Of course, a Brazilian wax can't totally be painless, but the pain I felt was less than what I expected it would be. I've tried both cold and hot wax for Brazilian, but I prefer the latter since it opened up the pores, so that hair would come off easier with less pain. After a few minutes, Cristy told me that we were almost done, which to my surprise because I was still anticipating a major ouch moment, but it never came. Haha. In just 15 minutes, I was Stripped! A soothing cream was applied on my skin after as a finishing touch. The finish: baby-smooth and totally hairless skin!

No more sticky honey wax remnants on my skin post-wax, un-gloved hands of therapists, and semi-private cubicles. Even if meant shelling out more cash, I'm making the switch to Strip! You should too. And if you haven't tried getting a Brazilian wax yet, now's the perfect time (get the XXXX - all off!). I promise, Strip will take care of you.

Strip Greenbelt 5
4th Floor Greenbelt 5, Legaspi Street, Ayala Center, Makati City, Philippines
T (632) 501.3997
M (63918) 947.8747

Strip Serendra
2nd Floor Serendra, Bonifacio High Street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig, Philippines
T (632) 901.0892
M (63917) 847.2112

Like Strip Manila on Facebook today for updates and promos.

Love,
Helen

P.S. If you already have a Belle De Jour 2012 Power Planner, there is a Strip coupon inside! Get 15% off on all waxing services.


6 comments:

  1. haha i can't find their price list anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Noey: Here's the price list: http://www.strip-manila.com/menu/menu.html :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I saw your picture with your friend, Bec, on the newspaper yesterday (January 27, 2012). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You saw it before I did! Thanks for informing me of the date. I had to search it from the old newspaper pile at home. I have it now! Thanks for the heads up. :D

      Delete
  4. Hi, how much is the cost for the brazilian wax? And do you have any tips for first timers like me before I go Strip? Thank you. I love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Brazilian All Off costs P1,200.00 in Strip, and for first timers AKA Brazilian virgins, they use warm strawberry wax which is good for sensitive skin. You're lucky because your first time will be at Strip! You won't really need to take any medicine for the pain because it's tolerable. And if you tell them that it's your first time, they'll orient you with the process. Good luck and tell me how it went!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...