Monday, January 16, 2012

Etude House I Need You, Honey! Wash-off Pack

Now that's a catchy name for a product, don't you think?

My sister got an Etude House Dry Sauna Kit (GWP) as a gift, but looks like I'm the one using it! Haha. Inside it was this cute little face mask called "I Need You, Honey!". This is a sample-sized version of what they sell in-store - with only the Cactus (top) and Red Ginseng (bottom) variants. The full-sized version of this has 4 variants: Red Ginseng, Ginseng, Angelica, and Cactus.

Formulated with Honey and Eastern Medicinal Herbs to tighten skin and supply saponins and minerals.

Cactus

Red Ginseng

Cactus (opened)

Red Ginseng looked like the Cactus variant when opened, less the red beads. Both masks look and feel like honey. With its thick consistency, I think this is good for 2 uses (or even 3 if you don't use a lot). It smells a little herbal, but I find Cactus to smell better than Red Ginseng (because the latter smelled a bit like ancient Chinese medicine). The scent is tolerable, but it was not as sweet as I expected it to be. Rubbing it on my skin felt like a dream because the mixture was thick and it felt velvety on my face. Cactus had soft red beads that popped and blended with the mixture when you massage it on - I felt that my skin was being nourished by some sort of vitamins, even if I don't know what the red beads are for. Removing it was a pain though - it took a while for me to completely wash off the thick mask.

The result? My sister and I both shared this product, and she is a real fan of face masks, so she'd know when it worked or not. We did not see any remarkable difference, like brightening or softening of the skin. But maybe the honey was sticky enough to pull the excess dirt away from my pores, but that's about it. In short, we were not impressed with its outcome.

Would I repurchase? No. But the "I Need You, Yogurt!" Wash-off Pack looks interesting though.
Price: P198.00 (for 4 packets of masks)
Available in all Etude House stores and department store kiosks.

Do you think real honey will work better? I'm thinking of making face masks the DIY way! :)

Love,
Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...