Saturday, January 7, 2012

L'Oreal Hydrafresh Anti-Shine Icy Foam

First skincare post of 2012! I love any beauty product that has a cooling sensation from facial wash to moisturizers to lip balm. When I chanced upon L'Oreal's Hydrafresh range of facial wash, toner, and moisturizer that was for shiny skin (A.K.A. me), I wanted to try it! Good thing there was a sale on all L'Oreal skincare and cosmetics last month.


About the product:


Ingredients:




This gel-type cleanser cools the skin. On my first use, I was blown away with how this felt on my face. It was as if I used iced-water to rinse my face. I think that this one will work for the hot, summer months we will be having soon. It feels so refreshing and it cleanses my face well without being too drying. After washing my face, I noticed that the pores on my cheeks look smaller. For the oil-control, this one is just average since I still have to blot mid-day.

However, this cleanser might be a bit harsh. My fingers have contact dermatitis, a skin condition where it itches, burns, and even becomes wounded when it comes into contact with harsh detergents and other irritants. I had it for years since high school. It finally healed last year due to medicine, but it is recurring once I subject myself to irritating substances again. When I began using this, my fingers began to feel the same symptoms again - itching and burning. Plus, I think I am allergic to this product because the small whiteheads my previous cleanser cleared up are now back.

SRP: P195.00
Available in L'Oreal counters in leading department stores nationwide.

Maybe this cleanser is a hit or miss. Remember, what did not work for me might still work for you.

Love,
Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...