Monday, January 23, 2012

Pasta Plate

Being in Taft Avenue almost every day of the week sometimes does has its perks - and being surrounded by countless restaurants is one of them! I love restaurants that serve great food at student-friendly prices, even if I am a student no more. Food tripping is one of the things I miss the most during long breaks. If you're sick of the usual fast food chains like I am, then you have to try out this cute and quaint little restaurant called Pasta Plate, located just outside the De La Salle University - Manila campus.

I'm loving the look and homey feel of this place, with wooden chairs and checkered tablecloth.

They also have a second floor for large groups, so you won't have problems with finding a seat. (Finding parking is another story and can be a pain.)

Pasta Plate serves Italian food fresh and fast. Their menu contains a wide array of pastas, pizzas, paninis, confections, and more.




Just looking at the pictures already makes my stomach grumble, even if I just had spaghetti for dinner. I think I'll have some Banana & Nutella Panini or Churros con Chocolate for dessert next time, together with my pasta order. (Oh, was that supposed to be a snack? Haha.)




Great food aside, the prices here are so friendly to the pocket! With just P100.00, you'll already get to enjoy one of their best selling pasta meals plus a glass of iced tea.

They also have desserts, but only crinkles were available during the time of our visit.

Crinkles

Ham & Bacon Carbonara (P80.00)

This was not my order, but my friend's. I loved that they did not skimp on meat toppings - and look at the generous amount of white sauce. The creaminess was just right, not nakakaumay.

Cheesy Chicken Pesto (P100.00)

Since it was my first time to dine here, my friend recommended the Cheesy Chicken Pesto, which was her favorite thing to order. The pasta was pale and I thought "aww walang sauce", but then it's a pesto pasta so it's supposed to look like that. At first I though that the chicken was just regular chicken fillet, but lo and behold, it was oozing with cheesy pesto inside! Sorry, I did not take a picture anymore since I was too busy enjoying it, but you can check out their menu above for the picture. The pasta lacked a bit flavor on its own, but together with the chicken, it's a winning combination since the pasta served as the "rice" for my ulam (chicken). I will definitely reorder this dish again. But then again, I want to try all their dishes, especially from the "Ultimate Meals" part of their menu. All meals come with a glass of iced tea.

Anna, Cristy, I, and Girlie all had a grand time in Pasta Plate.

Pasta Plate is located at 2313 Taft Avenue corner Castro Street, Malate, Manila.

Love,
Helen

41 comments:

  1. I love this place! The food isn't that bad naman and the prices are really affordable. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, did you happened to know what's the nearest branch in Pasig? thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not aware of other branches, but I saw in their FB page this:

      RCBC Plaza
      Ayala Avenue corner Buendia
      Makati City

      I'm just not sure if it's open already. :)

      Delete
  3. You gave me a really good reason to go back to my school ... I saw this before na and I've been meaning to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worth a try! :) Their snacks are super affordable yet yummy.

      Delete
  4. I ate here once during my 2nd year in college. The food is okay and prices are really affordable. However, service sucked when my friends and I paid it a visit. I dunno if it has improved already, but we tried to avoid Pasta Plate ever since because of the slow and rude crew :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it the same branch (Taft)? My sister told me that Pasta Plate in UST gives terrible service, but in Taft, they're okay. Must be because their owner is always there. :P

      Delete
  5. The food seem affordable. Plus, I love the wooden chairs. Looks vintage. Parang nasa memory lane of old diners you see on movies or old tv shows. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks so yummy!! i love pasta! kaso parang kulang sa sauce hindi ba? and i like their interiors and the color of the wall is exactly the same as my sister's house! hehe! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I agree. Kulang sa sauce yung Cheese Chicken Pesto na pasta kasi mas green yung Hungarian Pesto ng friend ko. Nice, you'll feel at home when you're here then. :D

      Delete
  7. i am a huge fan of pasta. Hindi ko rin alam bakit hindi ako nagsasawa. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I think I can eat pasta everyday. But then, I'll miss rice. :D

      Delete
  8. Parang ang sarap ng bacon carbonara! Sayang ang layo! Pero tingnan natin baka makapunta ako one of this days!

    http://travel-on-a-shoe-string.blogspot.com/2012/01/ba-nois-fresh-flavors-of-vietnam.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww. Medyo. Malayo rin ako dun e I live in QC kasi. :D

      Delete
  9. There's also a Pasta Plate at UST. Makes me want to eat there soon! :)

    :) Erika

    http://erikarodica.com

    http://www.shopdainty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope by the time you pay them a visit they've improved, sabi kasi ng kapatid ko bad service sa UST branch e. She also studies there. :)

      Delete
  10. Another one of Manila's "hidden treasures". I hope the branches in Makati are already open! The food looks good, and the interiors look nice too (very homey).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love restos that aren't too common and mainstream (like fast food chains) para something different naman. :D

      Delete
  11. It's just a few blocks away from our place :) will definitely try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love pasta.. will try this soon..

    ReplyDelete
  13. uy love to try this before going back to Laguna...thanks for the share...

    Jinkee Umali of www.calamba-online.com and www.livelifefullest.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I hope you enjoy dining here. :)

      Delete
  14. Pizza and Pasta a perfect combination, the menu price range is affordable too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't tried pasta plate but I always see it. I only go to school at night time kasi so I don't eat there anymore just go for coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try their snacks together with coffee. Churros con Chocolate is good. :)

      Delete
  16. Uyyy... that Cheesy Chicken Pesto sounds delish!! You had me at "oozing" LOL. Will list this under my Makati must-visit restos. :) Yeah, very affordable nga. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the Makati branch is open already. Yes, must try yung Cheesy Chicken Pesto, although kulang sa sauce yung pasta mismo, but I love the chicken fillet that comes with it.

      Delete
  17. The nice thing about the food establishments in DLSU and Benilde area is that they make sure their food are affordable, yet they add value to the ambiance ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The good thing about the food establishments in the DLSU and Benilde area is that they offer affordable meals, yet add that "ambiance" factor! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They not only make good food, but also consider the "chill out" factor for the students who likes to hang out in foodie establishments.

      Delete
  19. ay the banana nutella looks so delicious! and they serve churros! Ang sarap kumain :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! My sister said the churros were great! :)

      Delete
  20. Everything looks great, and the prices of their food are quite affordable! I wish I live near the area so I can also enjoy what this place has to offer. I hope you can visit back: http://www.delightmyappetite.com/2012/01/a-sizzling-dinner-at-sizzlin-pepper-steak/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taft is quite a far away land for us. I hope they open one near to our place. :)

      Delete
  21. this is nice, i will probably visit the place one of these days. maiba naman ang ambience :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the homey ambiance. I hope you enjoy your visit. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...