Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Sample Room Haul + Why I'm Switching to Naturals by Watsons

And now, my first Sample Room haul for 2019! I've been a member of their website since 2012, and whenever I see a sulit sample, I make sure to get it! Some of my colleagues have asked me in the past if Sample Room is just for bloggers - no, it's for everyone! 💖 You can sign up and instantly get 100 points to shop for FREE samples, just pay for shipping. You can earn back your points when you review the items on their site, so you could get more samples next time.

This one's my 21st order, and the items are very tita. Isn't it amazing that I was able to get a month's supply of Vitamin C at Sample Room?! 😂


Haul:
☑ Naturals by Watsons Rice Bran Cream Bath (worth P199)
☑ Derma-C by Poten-Cee Serum Face Mask (worth P75)
☑ Poten-Cee Forte 1000mg 30s (worth P292.50)

I got all these items for free, and just paid for shipping (P140). 💰

I'm very satisfied with all the items I got, and I will review each one in detail over at Sample Room, but one particular product stood out for me so much, I had to go to the mall to check out the rest of the items from the same product line.


Naturals by Watsons Rice Bran Cream Bath has worked so well for me, that I ditched my pricier shower gel for it. You see, I've always had dry skin on my body. The level of dryness: my torso would get flaky and itch often. Just recently, my skin has become really dry to a point where whenever my clothes would be pressed on my skin for a few minutes (like when I'm sitting), it would leave red marks on my thighs/legs and it would get extremely itchy. I had to control the urge to scratch or else it would get worse. I then replaced my body wash to Naturals by Watsons Rice Bran Cream Bath and just after 5 days of using it, my skin now has relief from extreme dryness. To think that this huge 490ml bottle only costs P199! It actually looks and feels more premium than it costs.

Pros:
  • Contains certified organic rice bran extract (that's rich in antioxidants and Vitamin E) and rice bran oil (that brightens the skin) from Japan
  • Free from paraben, mineral oil, silicones, colorants, sodium lauryl sulfate, soap, isothiazolinone (MIT, CMIT, BIT)
  • Classy packaging with pump
  • A little goes a long way when used with a bath lily (saves money!)
  • Has a mild and very fresh floral scent that lingers for a while
  • Hydrates my flaky, itchy skin
  • Rinses of easily
  • Very affordable and easily accessible

My skin used to be so dry, you can "write" on it because it would turn white where scratched. Now, it has a healthier sheen, particularly evident on my shoulders, arms, and lower legs. Sometimes, it even looks a bit glossy even with no lotion on. Glossy as in it reflects light, not oily. What a miracle! I have used up bottles of Watsons body wash before, but this one's the best one I've tried from the brand. It even beat the performance of my pricey shower gel. Because of this experience, I'm switching to Naturals by Watsons. I'm honestly on a low-buy this year when it comes to cosmetics, but I will certainly repurchase when I use up my stash.

Cons:
  • While the product may seem natural and organic, and even states that it's free from sodium lauryl sulfate, it still contains sodium laureth sulfate. While both are similar, sodium lauryl sulfate is a skin irritant that can cause minor skin irritations like dry, itchy skin. Sodium laureth sulfate is formulated be much milder and not irritate the skin. (Source: chemistrystore.com)

Naturals by Watsons Rice Bran Cream Bath (P199)

Of course, I went to Watsons to see the other Natural by Watsons Rice Bran products!

Naturals by Watsons Rice Bran Body Serum (P199)


This body serum has a very light texture and a lovely fragrance. The perfect partner for the cream bath! Thankful for testers because you can try before you buy.

Naturals by Watsons Rice Bran Hand Cream (P99)

So you can bring rice bran goodness everywhere. Money saving tip: decant the huge bottle of body serum into a small pot or pump bottle and you get instant hand cream. 👍

Naturals by Watsons Rice Bran Body Scrub (P179)

Must try this one! The last time I used a rice bran body scrub was way back in 2014. That was from another brand but it's now discontinued. I'm just finishing my two tiny tubs of olive and pink grapefruit body scrub, then I'll also purchase this one for sure!

Try before you buy at sampleroom.ph! 💋

Love,
Helen

🍀 Follow @LUCKYCITRINE on Instagram 🍀

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...