Sunday, October 28, 2018

Human Nature Pollution Defense Review

Whenever I have a long day running errands, my face would literally be covered in dust and grime by the time I get home. Proof is on my cotton pad whenever I'd use makeup remover - it's gray! 😑 Studies show that regular exposure to polluted air can increase hyperpigmentation and wrinkles by 20%. And whenever the skin is stressed, it has the tendency to look uneven and dull.

But then, did you know that indoor air pollution can be much worse than outdoor air pollution? Some pollutants may be 2-5x more concentrated indoors due to enclosed spaces leading to poor air quality.

The first time my curiosity got piqued with anti-pollution skincare products was when my BFF told me about an anti-pollution serum she just tried. It was from another (imported) brand and it made her haggardness disappear with just one use. I made a mental note to look for it when I went to the mall, and saw why it was effective. It costs over a thousand pesos even at 50% off. So pricey! 😝

Early this month, Human Nature sent me a potted Variegated Snake Plant to absorb indoor air pollution and their newest Pollution Defense skincare products. The story behind the plant was actually amazing. I had been wanting a small indoor plant to clean the air. Okay, even a tiny one will do. But the Lord provided me with more than what I wished for. The plant is huge - almost as tall as my 8-year old niece. 😁

Now back to skincare! Human Nature just released the first genuinely natural and safe anti-pollution range in the Philippines. These are proudly Philippine-made and cruelty-free.


Because it's Human Nature, I edited my entire skincare routine for these. I used the face cleanser and hydrating emulsion everyday, while I used the face mask once a week. I also used a gentle anti-acne toner from another brand, which I will review soon.


Human Nature Pollution Defense Face Cleanser (P245, 100ml) is a gentle cleanser that targets pollution particles 20x smaller than our pores. It is infused with NaturProtect Actives: skin-refining bentonite clay, oil-absorbing bamboo charcoal, pollution-fighting moringa seed extract and passionfruit seed oil and vitamin E which helps combat the effects of free radicals. It's very mild with a refreshing feel because of the menthol content. It leaves my skin feeling balanced, never dry or tight. I think this one's suitable for all skin types. However, I only use this in the morning. I feel that it's too gentle to remove all the makeup I wear at the end of the day. Because it doesn't contain sulfate, it doesn't bubble up so I tend to use up more product per wash vs regular cleansing foams.

I recommend this as an AM wash, but this one's enough at night when you're not wearing makeup during the day. Think: Cetaphil level of gentleness, but with a fresher feel.


Human Nature Pollution Defense Face Mask (P450, 100g) can be used 1-2x a week to draw out stubborn dirt trapped deep inside your pores, thus preventing breakouts along the way. I like using it after a long day outside or to deeply cleanse my face when I wear long-wearing foundation. (I don't use long-wearing foundation on a regular basis.) It's the local version of Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask at 1/3 of its price. Both products have kaolin and bentonite on top of their ingredients lists, plus bamboo charcoal that acts like a magnet to draw out deep-seated dirt.

It's easy to use and relatively easy to rinse off. Just spread an even amount of product on your face, wait for 15 minutes or until the mask hardens, then just wash it off.


Human Nature Pollution Defense Hydrating Emulsion (P345, 50ml) is my favorite product from the range. Let me be honest by telling you guys upfront, it smells bad. It has a waxy scent that's not fragrant, because it's made that way this product is fragrance-free. But I am willing to ignore the scent that goes away in a few seconds or so for the benefit it gives my skin. Emulsions are ideal for my oily skin because they're lightweight, water-based moisturizers. My skin's actually dehydrated but oily, and this moisturizer has kept my skin smooth and looking healthy the entire month. As in, I'm glowing even without makeup. I used to need my go-to serum just so my cheeks would not feel tight and flake, but now, I do not need it anymore. My skin is comfortably moisturized all day, and makeup application is a breeze because of the smooth canvas it has made of my skin.

Each use of the Hydrating Emulsion delivers optimal hydration with jojoba, protects skin against air pollutants with moringa seed extract, and restores healthy-looking skin with free radical-fighting passionfruit extract and vitamin E. This one's super effective, and I will definitely repurchase.

Human Nature Pollution Defense
Face Cleanser, Face Mask, and Hydrating Emulsion

Human Nature's Pollution Defense line is genuinely natural and has no harmful chemicals. It is free of SLS, PEGs, dimethicone, silicone, and synthetic fragrances. The complete Pollution Defense range is available via Human Nature stores nationwide and https://humanheartnature.com/buy.

Love,
Helen


Follow @LUCKYCITRINE on Instagram 💖

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...