Monday, October 8, 2018

My 30-minute workout at Curves Magnolia

I started exercising just this year, right after I turned 29. My fitness goal is to have a more active and healthier lifestyle. I may look skinny, but my body fat percentage is high so I have to lose the fat and gain some muscle. At the current gym where I am a member of, I regularly attend dance classes because I surprisingly enjoy them very much despite having zero dancing background and skills. I also like the elliptical machine more than the treadmill, but I noticed that I burn only a little over 100 calories with my 30 minutes at the machine. In search of a more efficient workout, I was recommended to try Curves. By the name itself, you'd have the idea that this gym is made for women, and it is exclusively for women.
 

"No makeup, no men, no mirrors" is the motto of Curves, the world's #1 all-women gym. While I don't really mind because I only brush my teeth, wash my face, and change into my gym clothes then go straight to the gym, other ladies are more shy and prefer to fix themselves up a bit more before leaving the house. Gone are the days you'd be self conscious with your appearance while working out, because there's no judgement happening here. πŸ‘Œ


I arrived Curves Magnolia (just across Robinsons Magnolia) in time for the 7:30AM Tai chi class. It's my first time to try Tai Chi by Curves, and this workout helps to improve your balance control, flexibility, and overall fitness. Partnered with the Curves Circuit, Tai chi by Curves is appropriate for all ages and fitness level.


During my Tai Chi workout, every 30 seconds we would be doing Tai chi, then for the next 30 seconds we would be working out on the different Curves equipment specifically designed for the chest, core, and legs. By the end of your 30 minute workout, you would have gone around all the equipment twice. There are 12 stations and each workout class can accommodate up to 24 women at a time.

The machines work at least two muscle groups and as many as four at one time because you push and pull, rather than lift and lower weight. Alternating upper body, lower body and core muscles, the Curves circuit provides a full body workout in just 30 minutes.

Curves equipment
 
Tai chi

then Curves equipment again
 

The coaches are friendly and not intimidating at all. You have a supportive environment and one on one coaching with no extra cost. Because it's my first time here at Curves, Coach Irene guided me every step of the way, from how to use each equipment to the correct form and posture.

Stretching to cool down
 
In regular gyms, unless you hire a trainer, you have to DIY stretch after working out to prevent or minimize muscle soreness. Here, they have a stretching equipment! There are instructions on each part of the equipment, but the coaches can assist you too.
 

I was amazed because my muscle soreness was only minimal the next day after Curves workout. Now why don't all gyms have this? πŸ˜€ (I know why! Para maghire ka ng trainer.)


Also, let me tour you on their locker room. Gosh, it's beautiful here. I honestly felt spoiled.


The lockers are equipped with combination locks. I thought I was prepared when I brought my padlock, but I didn't need it here.
 

Even the shower area looks super clean and nice!


And look, they even have lemon water and cucumber water. πŸ‹ Ganda diba?

You can workout in the circuit anytime, but they have specialty group classes you can join:

Curves Class Schedule 2018
  • Yoga by Curves: Monday 7:30am-8:00am | Tuesday 7:00pm-7:30pm
  • Cardio by Curves: Tuesday 7:30am-8:00am
  • Tai chi by Curves: Friday 7:30am-8:00am
  • Arms and Core by Curves: Monday & Thursday 5:30pm-6:00pm | Tuesday & Friday 9:30am-10:00am
  • Curves circuit with Zumba: Monday & Wednesday 6:30pm-7:00pm | Thurday & Saturday 9:30am-10:00am
  • Kickboxing by Curves: Wednesday 9:30am-10:00am | Thursday 7:00pm-7:30pm

I cannot wait to go back to Curves. I'm bringing the BFF to work out with me next time. πŸ’œ

Oh, I'm giving away 1-month membership worth P3,490 to Curves Magnolia to 1 of my followers! Mechanics will be posted on my IG @LUCKYCITRINE. 😊 Promise, it's super easy, but the winner has to be based on Metro Manila because this branch is located in Quezon City. πŸ’•

Facebook: Curves Magnolia
Instagram: @curves.magnolia

Love,
Helen

Let's keep in touch!
For more beauty snippets and food reviews, do me on IG! πŸ˜—

@LUCKYCITRINE on Instagram
(I microblog here! πŸ˜‰)
Lucky Citrine on Facebook

8 comments:

  1. This looks really good and I really want to try it out! Been looking for workout that isn'i plain and boring exercise, and this one looks like it. I'm really interested to try the Tai Chi, it looks so relaxing! Also, this is great because I didn't know there are all women gyms in Manila, especially that I'm always shy to go to the gym alone. ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new goal! Hoping to win the giveaway to experience and make it a goal to have a healthier lifestyle as well. #YesToHealhierLifestyle


    @princess_arlene08 (my IG)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your journey to healthier lifestyle.
    Hoping to win the giveaway contest as I am also aiming to have healthier body.


    IG username: princess_arlene08

    ReplyDelete
  4. This gym is unique! Gusto ko yung idea na "for girls only na gym like its a secret😚" wanna try this place i know that ill enjoy every momemt here and look at the interior design its so fab!😍

    ReplyDelete
  5. great workout! hoping to win for my wife.ty

    ReplyDelete
  6. I started a 30day challenge exercise at home but I think it is not enough. I would love to experience having a coach to guide me with the appropriate exercises and get to know other women who also into fitness and healthy lifestyle. I hope I will be given a chance. I'm from Valenzuela but I'm willing to try Curves at Robinsons Magnolia. Thank you for this wonderful giveaway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I already joined! IG: @mygretch

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joined! IG: @heyatenicole

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...