Monday, November 19, 2018

Review: Althea Petal Velvet Sunaway

I admit to skipping sunscreen and wearing it on and off for the past few months, only because I am scared of experimenting with sunscreen products in general. It's a skincare crime, I know. It's because when a formula doesn't suit me, I itch and break out immediately, and I don't want to risk it. So when I do find a sunscreen that works for me, I stick to it long term. 

Finally, I have found the sunscreen I need: Althea Petal Velvet Sunaway. I've been using it for a month already - no skipping. And I'm happy to report that it works perfectly well for my oily, dehydrated skin in our hot and humid climate.

Althea Petal Velvet Sunaway SPF 50 PA++++ (P480/55ml)
A lightweight sunscreen that protects the skin from UV rays with a petal-like finish


This Althea exclusive product comes in a simple packaging. When a product is good, you do not really have to be ornate with the decorations. People will buy it because it works. Also, I like that the expiry date is printed both on the box and the base of the tube.


It comes in a pastel pink and white bottle with a slim nozzle for controlled dispensing. Remember to ALWAYS shake the product well before using or else the liquid and micro powders will come out separately. And nope, it's not expired when that happens. It's just made like that.

SWATCHES

No white cast, just glowy skin!

The first thing you will notice with Althea Petal Velvet Sunaway is the strong scent of roses. Think: fresh rose scent and not old lady fragrance. It has Damask rose as its main ingredient and this hydrates the skin deeply and soothes irritations.

Althea Petal Velvet Sunaway has a very fluid, watery texture so there's zero chance of stickiness here. It is very easily absorbed by the skin in just seconds. It makes the skin look brighter in a subtle, healthy way with no need for shimmer and without producing an unsightly white cast. This sunscreen seems to have the perfect balance of sebum control + moisture-filled formula. It has a micro powder system that controls excess sebum (so it's important to shake well before using to mix the ingredients), and it's also able to hydrate the skin all day long.


Since I have oily skin, I just top the Sunaway off with my favorite face powder and I am good to go. Althea has a lovely range of loose powders - the Petal Velvet Powder that comes in 3 shades: 01 Translucent, #23 Warm Beige, and Pink Lavender (a limited edition shade that was released during Althea's 3rd Anniversary). Get 10% off the petal duo when you buy both the Petal Velvet Sunaway and Petal Velvet Powder.


Tip: If you just want to try the Althea Petal Velvet Sunaway (or any Althea exclusive item), you can get FREE SHIPPING with no minimum purchase by using the code: PBSHIP

Love,
Helen

Follow @LUCKYCITRINE on Instagram 😗

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...