Saturday, May 13, 2017

Catrice Blush Artist Shading Palette in 010 BronzEclat

I've found my go-to blush for summer! I've raved about my Catrice Prime and Fine Professional Contouring Palette, and today I'll be sharing with you a review of the blush palette that I bring with me everyday to work.

 Catrice Blush Artist Shading Palette in 010 BronzEclat
Three harmonious and longlasting blush shades in warm bronze and apricot tones. Velvety powder which creates different effects on your face - from matt to shimmer to highlight.


Catrice Blush Artist Shading Palette in 010 BronzEclat wasn't my first choice among the 3 shades that were available. I imagined this working for morenas, but not for me. My initial pick was 030 Rock 'N' Rose which had 3 pink shades in it, but I was recommended to get 010 BronzEclat instead. Intriguing...so I gave in! I thought that if I couldn't use the darkest shade, it was okay since I liked the peachy blush and highlighter anyway.

Swatches:


The first matte shade was the darkest among the three and it looked pretty intense in the pan, but it actually comes of as a reddish brown blush. I won't use this as a contour though as I find it too warm/red. As blush, it would work just fine and it would look natural on morena skin, but it's also wearable for those with light skin. (I know, I was surprised, too!) The texture of this powder isn't soft or creamy. It's similar to their contour palette, so you'd need to build up the color with several swipes. The middle shade is a shimmery peach shade; it's definitely pretty, but it's not very pigmented as well. The highlight shade complements the rest of the palette and gives your cheeks a pretty sheen.

And because I'm lazy, I just run my blush brush along all 3 shades to get this finish:
 

I initially had a hard time when I tried to use the three shades separately (like as contour-blush-highlight) since I lack blending skills, but my lazy technique of using all three shades in one go gave me amazing results. Haha! Hello, glowing cheeks! 😍 After discovering that trick, now this is my go-to everyday blush. It's handy to bring around because of its compact packaging, and it gives me a good shot of color when I'm already feeling stressed or haggard at work.

As for the packaging, it's simple and I like how you can immediately see all the shades inside. It's not flimsy as well. I once dropped my makeup bag (with this in it) and when I nervously checked if my powder and this blush was shattered...thankfully they're all intact. Whew! 😌 The only downside is that it's easily scratched and the lettering on the cover fades, but that's not too important for me.

I like it and I think it gives good value for money - you get three wearable shades for the price of one, and it would take a long time to finish this up.

Price: P499
Available at Watsons/SM Beauty

Love,
Helen
 
Let's keep in touch!
Lucky Citrine on Facebook
Lucky Citrine on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...