Thursday, November 10, 2016

Now Baking: Betty Crocker Hershey's Cookies 'n' Creme Cookie Mix

Being a taong bahay has its perks. For one, I'm learning new life skills like never before! Now I can cook for my sisters. I like coming up with new pasta dishes by making use of what we have at home (and decluttering our ref at the same time). Just this week, I made Chap Chae, which my Dad approved of! :D


One cooking (or baking) experiment I enjoyed is baking Betty Crocker Hershey's Cookies 'n' Creme Premium Cookie Mix! I first saw it while I was scrolling through Facebook, where Rowena posts her home-cooked dishes. (Mukhang masarap lahat, promise!) So I hurriedly looked for it on my next grocery run. I found a lot of stocks at Landmark Supermarket in Trinoma, and each box costs only P178.50! Yay!


Instructions:
 
 
Ingredients:
 


To bake the cookies, you'll just need 1 egg and 1/3 cup butter! Plus the cookie mix, of course.


The box says, "Do not eat raw cookie dough." So I tried the white chocolate chips before mixing it. Hoho


Just use a spoon to mix the ingredients. After blending it all together, you can start baking!


Because it was my first time to bake, I was so worried why my oven was smoking. Scary. I Googled it and it turned out to be normal. I followed the instructions in the box and set my temperature at 350°F. It turned out to be too hot, so my first batch of cookies were so brown. LOL Also, when the cookies came out of the oven, I poked them and they seemed soft. So akala ko hilaw pa, and I baked them again for a few minutes. (Yun pala normal lang for them to be soft at first and they will harden upon cooling.)


My second batch turned out to be more decent, but flat. Huhu. I froze the dough first to save it for next time. (You can freeze cookie dough for up to 3 months.)

I went to DeAntonni Hobby Cafe yesterday, where their resident baker/owner Desi helped me bake the rest of the cookie dough. (All the cakes you see in the cafe, she bakes from scratch! Not like me who loves shortcuts. Haha) Guys, I swear she has magic hands.


Look how pretty the cookies are! :D She adjusted the temperature to 325°F, which resulted to cookies that are crisp on the edge and chewy on the inside. Sarap!


The box says we can come up with 2 dozen 2-inch cookies. In total, we were able to make 32 pieces of regular-sized cookies from 1 box! Yay. Ubos na. :P

That was really fun! Do share more baking tips with me! :D

Love,
Helen

Let's keep in touch!
Lucky Citrine on Facebook
Lucky Citrine on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...