For 2015, L'Oreal Paris Philippines has launched a very exciting product that seems like a dream for oily-skinned girls like me. It's called Mat Magique - their first ever oil control makeup foundation.
Studies have shown that you become more prone to shine and blemishes as you hit your mid-twenties. (Just when I thought I was way past my puberty stage!) Back then, I would get pimples on my T-zone (forehead and nose), now it's my U-zone (cheeks and chin) that's acting up. No need to worry though, since we can look flawlessly matte for hours with just a few swipes of Mat Magique.
About the product:
Primes - shine-free skin canvas for a skin balancing preparation
Covers - minimize appearance of all blemish and skin imperfections
Perfects - ultra-smooth poreless skin transformation, a refined airy smoothing finish
The science behind the magic? Thirty percent of the Mat Magique formula is made of volcanic perlite, a natural, non-irritating sebum absorber. This is the highest concentration of this shine-busting ingredient in a makeup product to date.
At the top of the box is a shade label sticker for reference. Mat Magique comes in a total of 5 shades fit for Asian skin.
The compact comes in an eye-catching fuchsia shade. It's made of smooth and sleek, lightweight plastic. It's not bulky or heavy, so you can bring it everywhere you go. It has a big rectangular mirror, and I like that the sponge has a separate compartment.
Before & After
The shade N2 Nude Vanilla is a good match for my skintone. I like how this powder instantly mattifies my skin after I apply primer. Pores and minor redness are blurred and less visible, so my skin has a more even look.
(1) Before applying the foundation
(2) After applying the foundation
(3) 5 hours later*
The third photo was taken just 5 hours after application. That's after having lunch and some shopping. Oil has already peeked through the powder, but to fulfill the no-retouch promise, you'll only need to blot it off with an oil-control sheet, no reapplication needed, and yet you'll look good for the whole 12-hour wear.
- Comes in a sleek, lightweight compact
- Comes in 5 shades
- Has SPF 34 PA+++
- Contains 30% volcanic perlite infusion to absorb and control oil
- Feels very light on my skin, as if I had nothing on
- Keeps me shine-free for a good 4 hours or so - blot once, and you're good 'til 12 hours
- Makes my skin look so poreless!
- No irritations and breakouts
- Light coverage (good for minor redness and imperfections, but concealer is still needed for big pimples and evident marks)
- Doesn't stay completely shine-free for 12 hours on my oily skin
- Use a brush instead of the sponge for a lighter, more even application
Available in L'Oreal Paris counters in department stores nationwide
GIVEAWAY ALERT! I'm giving away a L'Oreal Paris Mat Magique All-In-One Matte Transforming Powder to 2 readers! Mechanics here. ;)