Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Lunch at Pizza Hut

Weekends are reserved for great food and even greater company! I have this habit of bringing packed lunch to work every single day, so come weekend, I could eat any delicious dish that I crave as a reward to myself. Last Sunday, my boyfriend and I were craving for both pizza and rice meals (talk about carbo loading!), so we went to Pizza Hut in Trinoma. We liked this restaurant and have spent several special occasions like monthsaries and birthdays there before.

Here's what we ordered:

We decided to order the Super Panalo Meal. It had an appetizer, main course, and drink. (P99.00)

Cream of Mushroom Soup
Creamy mushroom soup topped with herbed croutons.

It was creamy and delicious. Not watery this time around.

Roasted Chicken with Rice

We were disappointed with this dish. We used to always order the roasted chicken and rice, but this thigh part was ridicuously small. It's even smaller than a leg part you could get from a fast food chain. Our only consolation was, good thing we did not order a leg part for this dish. That would not have reached even our stomachs. The rice is scattered for it to look more than it really is, but aesthetics-wise, it did not look presentable. (Yes, I'm OC that way.) I've had the same small serving size from their SM San Lazaro branch before, and I never went back there.

Bacon Cheeseburger Supreme (Personal, P105.00)
Delicious crispy bacon and beef on a mildly sweet sauce. Also topped with a triple layer of cheddar and mozarrela cheese.


The crew were okay, but the rice meal was quite disappointing. I felt that the quality of their food was decreased compared to my previous visits. Another thing I don't like is that the local tax and service charge were not yet incorporated to the prices in the menu. It's quite deceiving, because I'd rather know how much I'll really be paying for on the get go, but this goes the same for other restaurants as well.

What's your favorite pizza chain? I'm looking for new ones to try!

Love,
Helen

10 comments:

  1. Hi Helen! I love Angel's pizza for now, but those pictures do look mighty delicious as well. Sad though that Pizza Hut did not live up to your expectations! Hope to see you in one of the blogger events soon! - Mar
    -Not Your Ordinary Beauty Queen-
    Don't miss: Three H&M Leather Bands Giveaway, 3 Winners too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Mar: I haven't tried Angel's Pizza yet, but I think I will soon! Hope we can make it to the next Blogapalooza event and other blogger events too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Helen! have you tried Chef d Angelo? They have a promo now. You can know more about it here: http://jill-des.blogspot.com/2011/09/23rd-birthday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nagugutom nanaman ako helen... huhuhu...

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite Pizza chain is Pizza Hut, so immediately, this post grabbed my attention. lol
    Unfortunately, there's not many dine in ones in Texas. Err... XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Jill: Read your post! Yes, I've tried that resto but not that promo. Thank you for sharing. :D

    @Jade: Ako rin! :P Kain tayo. :)

    @Yumna: Aww. Come here to the Philippines, there are a lot of Pizza Hut restos! Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you should have ordered supreme instead. but anyways, it surely made your day, having pizza with your loved ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Mommy Nuts: Yup, nabusog din naman kami. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nagcrcrave tuloy ako ate Helen :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Monek! But this experience wasn't so crave-worthy... Hehe :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...