Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Body Shop Spa Wisdom Africa Spa Salt Scrub

One of my favorite kikay items is body scrub (while sweet-smelling shower gels come next). Whenever my sister and I go to a beauty store, I almost always gravitate towards the body care and bath items, while she goes for the makeup. We're vain like that. :D I love pampering myself after a long day. I got this body scrub in an event from The Body Shop a few months ago, but I just recently used it when my tub of The Body Shop Mango Body Scrub ran out.

This body scrub provides an enlivening body exfoliation with Community Trade shea butter and organic beeswax. My sister described the scent as a musky, floral fragrance. I found it a bit strong at first whiff, but it left my skin with a very lovely and subtle fragrance afterwards. The scent of this body scrub registered to my mind as "romantic" and "mysterious".





The texture of this body scrub is very thick and creamy. It's very good for dry skin since it has shea butter. The salt particles in this scrub melts almost instantly as I rubbed this product on my skin. However, I find it lacking in exfoliation since it's so creamy and less grainy. I still love it though. This scrub won't leave a greasy film of residue on the body after washing it off, but it leaves the skin moisturized and velvety smooth. And the scent is absolutely lovely.

Will I repurchase? No. I like to try out different products, and The Body Shop Strawberry Body Polish is my next bet. :)
Price: P150 for 50ml
Available in The Body Shop stores (Whenever there's a big sale going on, I see this being sold. Otherwise, I can't find it anywhere.)

What's your favorite body scrub?

Love,
Helen

5 comments:

  1. This looks interesting. I haven't tried out other body salt spa or scrub except for A Bonne that you can buy in Watson's. Hehe. I think I'm gonna look into this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parang gusto ko siay i try. Kaso pano na lng ung ibang ginagamit q. Smae ba siya ng milk salt? pero eto kasi cream base o.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Charlene: I think they only sell this when they have their big sales (mini body scrubs for P150 and mini shower gels for P95). How's A Bonne? I've seen it but I haven't tried that yet. :)

    @Jade: Wala itong milk e (shea butter at salt lang), pero creamy talaga siya. More moisturizing than exfoliating. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. ay ganon? sige, pag natyempuhan ko na lang. :D A Bonne is okay, my scars have lightened! (actually bought it for that purpose) :D But i can't compare it with others pa. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Charlene: Ohh wow. Nakikita ko nga ang A Bonne sa Landmark e, might try it next time. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...