Saturday, April 19, 2014

The Body Shop Brow & Liner Kit in 03 Dark Brown/Black

Two things I would never skip when going out: sunscreen (for my face) and brown eyebrow powder. I can do without the rest, especially when I'm pressed for time. When you have perfectly groomed brows, you look polished instantly!

I've been using (and abusing) the dark brown shadow from my The Body Shop 4-Step Smoky Eyes Palette in Golden Brown (which I've already had for more than 2 years), so it's about time I upgraded to an actual eyebrow kit, also from The Body Shop.

The Body Shop Brow & Liner Kit in 03 Dark Brown/Black

This handy compact contains everything you need to create perfect eyebrows: a double-ended brush and light and dark shades to fill and define.
 
  • Includes a double-ended brush
  • Dermatologically tested
  • Ophthalmologically tested
  • Suitable for contact-lens wearers


From the outside, the packaging looks like a smaller version of the All-In-One Face Base. This one's smaller and more compact. The underside of the cap doubles as a mirror. This kit includes a double-ended eyebrow and eyeliner brush, but I still prefer using my trusty angled brow brush. The small one inside the kit is handy for travel though.



This kit includes 2 shades, dark brown and black. I believe there are 3 shades of kits available, and the one I have is the darkest. I only use the dark brown shade for my brows, since black can be too harsh. The black shade can be used as an eyeliner, or to set your eyeliner. 

Swatches:

Dark Brown | Black

When Worn:



I used the dark brown shade here. You may check out my previous easy eyebrow tutorial post as a guide on how to fill in the brows.

Pros:
  • Sleek packaging
  • Includes a mirror and brush
  • Easy to use
  • Pigmented
  • Long lasting
  • With 3 shades available

Cons:
  • Expensive
  • Brush isn't of the best quality (the brow brush as thick and stiff bristles)

Price: P995.00
Available in all The Body Shop stores nationwide


Here, I'm just wearing BB cream, the dark brown eyebrow powder, and mascara. Groomed brows really frame the face so you need less makeup elsewhere. The Brow & Liner Kit is a worthy investment, since it will last you for years! You just have to pick the right shade, and that's not a problem since the makeup experts in store can help you with that. If it's too pricey for your budget, then I suggest you wait for promos, since The Body Shop goes on sale often anyway.

Like The Body Shop, Philippines on Facebook for more information.

Love,
Helen

18 comments:

  1. This really looks good on you. I would want to try the brow liner kit also for myself! :) Hey, I tagged you for the Sunshine Blogger Award! :P See my post here for the details: http://rochkirstin.com/sunshine-blogger-award-knowing-you-and-me/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the award, Roch! ♥

      The Brow & Liner Kit is my current must have. Mawala na lahat ng makeup ko, wag lang yan! I have no eyebrows kasi. Try mo, it's really nice. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow. I didn't know such a thing exists. My mom and I used to just put eye liner to our eyebrows just to make them look darker. We'll definitely try Body Shop's brow and liner kit. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How did the eyeliner work? Is it too dark? Before, I'd just use brown eyeshadow, but this Brow & Liner Kit is definitely better, even if I just get to use the brown shade. You're welcome, Mona! :)

      Delete
  3. That brush is so cool! :P

    http://bookshelvesandvanities.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hah! That's true. Groomed brows really do make a world of difference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm also using this! And I love it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I'd love to give this a try. I only use a pencil and do smudging lang for my brows :)


    xoxo,
    Gelleesh.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how to use a brow pencil. Please teach me! ;D

      Delete
  7. nice review sis. will definitely check this out. i think the only place i can get it here is at SM lipa. ganda ng skin mo grabe, flawless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angel! I'm wearing BB cream here, but generally I just like sporting light makeup. ;)

      Delete
  8. Found ur review very useful. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...