Friday, January 11, 2013

Apollo Petroleum Jelly: My Great Eye Makeup Remover

I'd like to share with you a product that's oldies but goodies - Apollo Petroleum Jelly. Petroleum jelly said to be a staple in every hospital and home medicine cabinet because of its ability to hasten healing of mild cuts, scrapes, and burns. (What it actually does is form a protective barrier on the skin, so germs can't enter a wound and disrupt the natural healing process of the skin.)

I'd have to admit that I stopped using petroleum jelly for a while for my moisturizing needs (when I tried to shift to natural beauty products), but then it's hard to stick to all natural beauty products. There are loads of beauty products that contain petrolatum (which is also petroleum jelly). For example, lip balms from well known brands such as Carmex and Kiehl's use petrolatum as a moisturizing agent.

Apollo Petroleum Jelly

About the Product:


Uses:
  • Moisturizes dry skin overnight
  • Soothes chapped skin and lips
  • Soothes minor burns
  • Helps prevent diaper rash
  • Soothes minor scrapes
  • Removes eye makeup - my favorite!

This product has a shelf life of 3 years, and a little goes a long way. An inexpensive jar like this would last me for many months even with everyday use.

The product is sealed for your protection.

The Product:


Apollo Petroleum Jelly does all that and more, and my favorite use for it is to remove eye makeup! I love putting on eyeshadow and eyeliner, but I hate removing them at the end of the day. Since I am lazy, I use the same cleansing cream (cold cream) that I use for my face also for my eye area. While that does the job in taking off the makeup, I sometimes end up with blurry vision and teary eyes (when the product gets into my eyes). When I started using Apollo Petroleum Jelly, eye makeup removal was a breeze. I just dab some on, massage it lightly on my eye area, and my eyeshadow and eyeliner gets dissoved in a instant. Then I use a cotton ball or tissue to wipe it off, then proceed with a facial wash to cleanse my face. No stinging, whatsoever - just clean, makeup-free skin! I am so amazed! :D

For those who do DIY hair coloring at home, you can also use petroleum jelly to protect your skin from getting stained from drips. Just apply petroleum jelly on the skin near your hairline, and the hair dye won't drip to your face anymore.

Apollo Petroleum Jelly is available in 25g (P26.00), 50g (P42.00), 100g (P78.00), and 200g (P125.00) jars at all Mercury Drug stores, other drugstores, and leading supermarkets nationwide. You can opt to get the cute and handy 25g pot as your lip balm, and get the huge and economical 200g jar for home use.

Do you have other uses for petroleum jelly that you'd like to share? :)

Love,
Helen 

10 comments:

  1. I use petroleum jelly to make my own DIY lipgloss by mixing it with old lipsticks, blushes and even eye shadows.

    XX, Jenniya
    http://simplyjenniya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! :D I remember doing the lipstick thing too way back in high school, but I haven't tried mixing it with blush or eyeshadow.

      Delete
  2. I love petroluem jelly as well.. irregardless of the brand as long as it is petroleum jelly.. wala pa ring tatalo sa hydration nya :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty inexpensive too for a skincare product, so winner siya!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I don't use waterproof mascara, so I haven't tried if it indeed can remove waterproof makeup. (Since this is just like mineral oil in gel form, I am guessing that it can.)

      Delete
    2. Petroleum Jelly's moisturizing effect is impeccable! It does wonder on chapped lips and dry skin. A Must try- regarless of the brand.

      Delete
  4. Is Apollo petroleum jelly can also control pimples or remove darkspot??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, don't put this on zits it will clog your pores.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...