Sunday, December 4, 2011

Allue Creamy Lip Color in Penelope

My sister is a big fan of HBC. She could go on and on raving about their products, from hair care, hair color, to cosmetics. Well, curious Helen had to go there and see for myself! On one trip to the mall, my sister and I went to HBC, and I fell in love with a cutesy lip palette - Allue's Creamy Lip Color. I swatched it and knew that I just had to get it! I'd be crazy if I didn't.

This mini lip palette's packaging is made of paper. It's more friendly to the environment that way, but be careful not to get it wet.

Ingredients

The manufacturing and expiry date is indicated on the packaging.

This lip palette is small and handy. You can bring it anywhere because of it's compact size. It includes 4 creamy lip colors, a mirror, and a mini lip brush.

All this for just P55.00!

Swatch

  • The pink shade looks clear when worn. It is also not as creamy as the 3 other shades.
  • The red shade is absolutely lovely. I can put on a little amount, and it goes a long way. It can look sheer like a lip stain, or dramatic for parties this holiday season (depending on your application).
  • The caramel shade looked yellow. It's weird, and I don't use it much.
  • The coral shade is lovely, perfect for a natural day look.

What I Like About It:
  • 4 lip colors with mirror and brush all for a rock bottom price of P55.00.
  • 3 out of the 4 shades are very pigmented.
  • It's so creamy, there is absolutely no need for lip balm.
  • After a few hours, it fades, but leaves a tint of color on your lips.

What I Don't Like About It:
  • Out of the 4 shades, I only find 2 wearable (red and coral).
  • It has a strong, artificial scent.

Allue Creamy Lip Color is available in 3 palettes:




When I saw that Sophia palette on HBC's site, I died! I did not see that when I bought my palette (since only Jasmine and Penelope were on display). I don't like the Jasmine palette because I'm not adventurous enough to sport blue lips, but Sophia is definitely lovely. I hope it's still available in HBC stores.

So far, I liked my first Allue & HBC experience. I'm looking forward to discovering more of their products. If you're on a tight budget and would like to shop for kikay stuff for your friends, HBC is the place to go.

How about you, have you tried Allue cosmetics? Which one do you think I should get next? Your recommendations are most welcome! :)

Love,
Helen

12 comments:

  1. Mas okay yung Sophia. But I think Allure is for teens eh. Sabagaym bata ka pa naman XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uy, sayang! muka ngang nice yung sophia...walang tapon e..haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ria: Feeling bata ako e. Haha! :D

    @Noey: Tama! Sayang out of stock ata siya e nung bumili ako.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried Allue yet. Hehe. Pero mas cute nga 'yung colors nung Sophia. Lahat wearable. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Charlene: Yup! I passed by another branch of HBC today before I went home, wala rin yung Sophia e. Sana di pa siya phased-out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow. I was also thinking of buying these perfect for school kasi, thanks for sharing!

    iamraisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Raisa: Get Sophia if it's available. Sometimes, this palette goes on sale so instead of P55.00 it's P45.00. Crazy right? :) Thanks for dropping by and for leaving your link, Raisa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Sophia palette!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Allue make ups! I recommend you their Blush Gel http://www.hbc.com.ph/products.do?item_id=4834.. Long lasting but very affordable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Anonymous: I still can't get over the fact that it's so cheap but the color payoff is stunning. I wish it lasted longer on my lips though, but I'm not complaining. :)

    @Anonymous: Oh, I saw that in store! Thanks for the recommendation, will check that out. Cute packaging!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bought Sophia pallet this morning and I love it!
    I have sensitive lips so mas okay siya kasi pangbata..hehe!
    Your blog is sooo nice Helen!
    It's true that you don't have to spend a lot of money to prettify! =)

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Sophia palette is so worth it, ganda ng lahat na shades dun e! Thank you, Liz! Yup, that's my motto. Kuripot kasi ako. Haha :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...