Monday, December 14, 2015

Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm in Sultry

Revlon was perpetually on sale this year, slashing 50% off on selected best-sellers from time to time. I had to withhold the urge to give in every single time, because I already have x amount of lipsticks inside my kit and using one up is a huge thing! But then again, there's no such thing as too many lipsticks so I made sure to make my next purchase count. Say hello to my newest favorite!

Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm in Sultry
 
225 Sultry/Sulfureuse
 

I already have a couple of shades from Revlon's ColorBurst Balm Stain line. While I expected to use Honey more often since it's a great MLBB shade, my love for bold lipstick made Lovesick a mainstay inside my everyday kit, hence only 1/3 of it is left, while Honey is now inside my sister's kit. Now, it's Sultry I use every single day. It comes in a retractable chubby crayon packaging, no need to sharpen, but the tip won't be as sharp as this after several uses.
 

Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm in Sultry is a very beautiful pinkish brown shade. It is said to be a dupe for MAC Twig, but I think it's also a close match for NYX Doll. I love how this shade glides on smoothly thanks to the Triple Butter Complex of shea, mango, and coconut butter. It smells like peppermint and gives my lips a slight but very pleasant tingle for a few minutes upon application. It looks matte and feels velvety, and it gives off a very premium feel. It does look like an expensive lipstick when worn, but with a drugstore price, which makes it even better! It's pigmented too, and can cover (and look lovely) on dark lips as well, which means a little goes a long way.

It's not as long lasting as the ColorBurst Balm Stains, as it completely comes off after a meal, leaving me with no hint of tint on my lips. Reapplication is a must, and when your lips isn't as smooth by midday as it is in the morning, you can apply a matte lip balm such as Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm as base. Burt's Bees is now available at ZALORA. (It comforts me to know this, since I won't need to go to the mall anymore just to buy their products!) Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm may highlight flaky lips due to its texture, so make sure they're smooth and supple prior to application.

Overall, I am over the moon with this lippie! It's matte, it's minty, and the shade is absolutely gorgeous. I'd repurchase if I ever use this one up, or maybe get another lovely shade from the Matte Balm range.

Like Revlon Philippines on Facebook for more information.

What is your favorite shade from Revlon ColorBurst?

Love,
Helen


Let's keep in touch!

Lucky Citrine on Facebook
Lucky Citrine on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...