Sunday, December 13, 2015

The Body Shop Eye Palette in Swinging Silver

It's been a while since I played with powder eyeshadows, and this lovely palette from The Body Shop's Winter Trend 2015 collection piqued my curiosity and rekindled my love for eye makeup once more.

The Body Shop Eye Palette in Swinging Silver (P1,495)

I mean, just look at that lovely packaging inspired by the shimmering 1920s and The Great Gatsby! On the other hand, it does resemble a fancy chocolate bar. Hehehe!


At the back are instructions on how to put on the 4 shades. This palette's packaging reminds me of The Body Shop's Winter Trend 2014 Eye Palette in Dolly Pastels, only that one has a cutesy Christmas jumper print on the cover. This year's version is more luxe, and the I like the color selection better as well. It's more me!


The palette comes with a mirror and a double-ended eye brush (with a sponge and a flat angled brush on each end). With this set, I prefer to use my fingers, and use a separate eye shadow brush for the dark blue shade.

Swatches:


All shades have a beautiful metallic finish, and they're very smooth and pigmented as well. I reckon one can even wear these shades on a daily basis, and not just for the holidays.

The peachy and gray shades on top can be used even during daytime. You just have to layer them on to make them more intense. The midnight blue shade looks so deep and beautiful on the palette, but it almost looks like black when worn. It can replace your dark eyeliners when you're doing a smokey eye look. The silver shade is the most shimmery one among all shades, and you can either use this to create a solid line (when used with a wet brush), or as accent on the inner corners of your eyes.

When worn:


My first attempt to play with this palette. I'm used to just wearing a single shade of neutral eyeshadow in real life LOL, so it was fun to try copying the look. This one's less intense, but it works! And for the first time, I was finally able to copy an eye look from the directions on the box, which means this palette is really easy to work with. I love it!


The Body Shop Eye Palette comes in Swinging Silver and Grooving Gold.

The best part is, if you have a BDO credit/debit card (and almost everyone does!), you can get this eye palette at buy 1, get 1 FREE! :D

Like The Body Shop, Philippines on Facebook for more information.

Love,
Helen

Let's keep in touch!

Lucky Citrine on Facebook
Lucky Citrine on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...