Saturday, April 13, 2013

Summer Scents: Kiehl's Aromatic Blends

When it comes to fragrances, are you the type to stick to a signature scent all throughout the year, or do you jump from one scent to another? I am more of the latter as I can't imagine myself just using one scent. I choose my fragrances depending on my mood or the weather. For summer, citrus scents are very popular because they're fresh and aren't too heavy for the hot weather we're having lately. Just recently, I've received a couple of samples from Kiehl's, and I am delighted to share with you these nice fragrances from the Kiehl's Aromatic Blends range.

Kiehl's Aromatic Blends: Nashi Blossom & Pink Grapefruit

If you're drawn to sweet, juicy fragrances, look for scents with hint of pink grapefruit, which has sugary notes. Now before you cringe at the thought of smelling sour with such a fruit like this, I assure you that you won't. (I'm not fond of the Pink Grapefruit range of The Body Shop, since it smells kind of sour for me. This one from Kiehl's smells sweet, fresh, and delicate.)

Kiehl's Aromatic Blends Nashi Blossom & Pink Grapefruit Skin-Softening Body Cleanser

This richly lathering, invigorating body cleanser is infused with a delectable blend of the aromatic essences of Nashi Blossom, a pear flower evoking the peaceful imagery of the Kyoto Gardens in Japan, and Pink Grapefruit, a Brazilian-born fruit known for its rich, sweet scent. With our skin conditioning Botanical Oil blend and Vitamin E, this non-stripping formula provides 24-hour softness while leaving skin clean and superbly soft.

This body cleanser comes in a clear, gel form. It contains no sulfates, so it doesn't irritate my skin. But since it's sulfate-free, it takes more product for it to lather richly. You have to use a bath lily with this. I love how invigorating the scent of this body cleanser is, and it lingers lightly on your skin after you bathe.

Kiehl's Aromatic Blends Nashi Blossom & Pink Grapefruit Aromatic Mist


A surprising fusion of the aromatic essences of Nashi Blossom and Pink Grapefruit, accented by ginger and rounded out with soothing notes of soy milk and white musk. Our harmonious blend evokes the imagery of the Kyoto Gardens in Japan -  a peaceful place where the dewy, white flowers of the Nashi Pear often flourish. This fresh, floral aroma was mixed with the Brazilian-born accords of Pink Grapefruit heightening the overall sensory experience with its sweet scent.

This fragrance is part of Metro Magazine's Annual Beauty Awards in their April 2013 issue. This aromatic mist smells similar to the shower gel, only warmer and muskier. It has that energizing and uplifting scent which instantly makes me feel better after I spritz it on. It's light and fresh, so it's perfect for summer. The only thing I don't like is that the scent doesn't last for a long time on me. I'd like to think of this as an expensive cologne and not really a perfume - it's an aromatic mist after all. It seems watered-down, so you may opt to layer the scent over the body lotion from this range for longer lasting power. Nevertheless, I'm still liking this scent very much.

Kiehl's Aromatic Blends Orange Flower & Lychee Skin-Softening Body Lotion

This invigorating, skin-softening body lotion is infused with an exotic blend of Orange Flower, derived from the Bitter Orange tree grown in Morocco, and the fruity-floral Lychee, native to the subtropical forests of Southeast Asia. With moisture-restoring Squalane and Vitamin E, our luxurious body treatment provides 24-hour hydration while leaving skin superbly smooth, moisturized, and protected.

For sexy sophistication, try scents with notes of blood orange in it. Now when I thought I was already in love with the Nashi Blossom & Pink Grapefruit scent, trying out this unique blend of Orange Flower & Lychee made me think of which one (Aromatic Mist, to be exact) to get. I am torn! This floral fruity body lotion has a light texture that's easily absorbed into the skin, and the scent lingers beautifully. Never knew that this combination could work.

Kiehl's Aromatic Blends come in 4 scents: Nashi Blossom & Pink Grapefruit, Orange Flower & Luchee, Fig Leaf & Sage, and Vanilla & Cedarwood. Which one is your bet?

Love,
Helen

2 comments:

  1. Great post! :) I was searching about this particular product when I go the chance to read your blog. A co-worker was wearing this the other day and I.CANT.GET.ENOUGH.OF.IT.

    Kaya lang she got hers as padala from the US. Where were you able to get samples of the product? I've heard that this is a little pricey in the Philippines and I want it so bad.. but I want to try it first if it will suit me.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fragrance sample I received from Kiehl's here: http://luckycitrine.blogspot.com/2013/04/i-kiehls-2013-calendar.html, while the sachets I received from their new store in Shangri-La. I accompanied my friend to go shopping there, and when she was given a couple of samples, the nice SA gave me some too. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...