Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Etude House Sweet Recipe Ice Cream Nails in Twinkling Strawberry Candy

It's been ages since I last had my nails done. I suck at DIY manicures, but since I was bored, I figured it was high time I started to practice painting my nails. What inspired me to do so was this super cute nail Ice Cream Nails from Etude House's Sweet Recipe collection. I've always said that I loved red nail polish (and I still do), but I really can't resist this milky pink, glittery nail polish. And, it looks like ice cream! So cute! :D

Etude House Sweet Recipe Ice Cream Nails (P178.00)
Glitter & stone infused pastel nail colors in yummy ice cream cone designs

Shades:

  • Scoop of Mint Chocolate Chip
  • Zingy Lemon Sherbet
  • Sweet & Sour Apricot Candy
  • Twinkling Strawberry Candy

Swatches:



A single coat won't do since it would look pale. You'd need 2-3 coats for the color to show. Here, I used 2 coats of the Twinkling Strawberry Polish plus a clear top coat to protect the color and make it look glossier. I absolutely love the milky baby pink shade, with pink, sky blue, and purple glitters.

Pros:
  • The packaging. Need I say more?
  • It comes in 4 glittery pastel shades.
  • It has a flat brush which makes application easier.
  • It dries quite quickly.
  • It has nice color payoff - what you see in the bottle is what you get.

Cons:
  • The star-shaped glitters won't come out of the bottle. (I so want stars on my nails!)
  • Glitters are hard to remove, even with nail polish remover.

Etude House Sweet Recipe Cotton Candy Ball (P128.00)
Colorful cotton candy balls for nail color removal and cleansing

This one's the perfect partner for your Sweet Recipe Ice Cream Nails! Even cotton balls look yummy now. Each ball is made of 100% cotton with cotton candy colors, and is stretchable. Each ball (when stretched) is enough to remove nail polish from 10 fingernails.

Which shade of the Etude House Sweet Recipe Ice Cream Nails do you like most? Even though I'm liking Twinkling Strawberry Candy, I think I'd also love the Sweet & Sour Apricot Candy (a pretty nude shade with colorful glitters in it). Learn more about the Sweet Recipe collection here.

Love,
Helen

6 comments:

  1. I really want to try the lemon one but i still have a lot of nail polish bottles here waiting to be used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel. It would be a waste if even just a bottle would dry up. But then, I never really get to finish up a bottle. :p

      Delete
  2. This polish look soooo pretty! Ang girly girly! :) x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...