Saturday, November 14, 2020

Don't throw away pretty lipstick packaging...

Because you're paying for it!

I got this tip from fellow beauty girl @projectmakeupuseup on Instagram. Apparently, you can transfer your lipstick from one tube to another easily. So that means you can plant your cheap drugstore makeup into fancy lipstick tubes. Wink wink! 😉

Trivia: This is the opposite of my 2012 lipstick saving tip, where I used heat to transfer my broken lipstick to another container. This time, we need the freezer!


Here's a lipstick I salvaged and transferred to a beautiful tube! I love my Blythe by Careline Stellar Satin Lipstick even if it gave up on me on Day 1, as it broke when I did an arm swatch. The packaging was cutesy and made of light plastic, and I have no attachment to it so I decided to transfer the remaining bullet to my L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Limited Edition Red Carpet Cannes Lipstick 999. This L'Oreal lipstick is limited edition, and I don't think it was ever sold here in the Philippines. I don't have a lot of L'Oreal lipsticks in my kit as I've steered clear of the brand for years due to news of lead in their lipsticks.

This red lippie was sitting in my drawer for years, until I decided to pull the lipstick out of the tube and just use its container. It was brand new when I decided to pull it out without freezing and it didn't work. So I froze the lipstick for a few hours before reattempting to pull out the bullet. You just need a tissue (preferably without texture) to hold the bullet, and gently wiggle it out. It comes out mess-free! What a genius trick! 💖 Notice the horizontal line on the pulled out lipstick? That is the actual amount left when you think you have finished using your lipstick.

Important: Check the diameter of the lipstick bullet first to see if it will fit its new container. In case it doesn't, just return it to its original tube.

Swatches of Blythe by Careline Stellar Satin Lipstick in Juliet & L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Limited Edition Red Carpet Cannes Lipstick 999

Before throwing the red L'Oreal lipstick, I decided to do swatches of the lipstick I saved and the lipstick I sacrificed. I used to love red lipstick so much, but now I'm into nudes that don't wash me out and mauve-y pinks that look natural. The shade 999 is beautiful, but I have no regrets letting it go. According to Careline, their Blythe range is lead-free, cruelty-free, and paraben-free.

Love,
Helen
 
Let's keep in touch!
Facebook: Lucky Citrine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...