Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Have you seen a rose cut diamond, set in reverse?

This is a story about my second custom-made ring from Theodore's Jewelry PH, and how the unintentional reversed setting made the ring uniquely mine (at least for now). 😉
 
I was looking up the internet on what would be the best setting for a rose cut diamond. They were usually set in prongs, but I knew I wanted mine to have a bezel setting. A sparkly ring set in prongs might make me look engaged, and that's not the look I'm going for. 😆
 
My 14K yellow gold ring with 0.15 carat natural rose cut diamond, reverse setting
 
When Theodore's Jewelry PH sent me a photo of my finished ring, I found it very beautiful but wondered why I couldn't see the facets. When I received the ring, I found that the diamond was set in reverse. For rose cut diamonds, it's usually the curved facets facing up and flat side down.

 
They asked me if I want to have it corrected as it was the first time of the goldsmith to work with a rose cut diamond, but I already love it as it is. I call my ring "the beauty underneath". With the flat side up, it has a glowing halo on the border of the stone plus a hexagonal sparkle inside when light hits it. Underneath the bezel, look closely and there are the curved facets I've been looking for, initially.
 
This ring has a glassy look and is probably safe from snatchers because it's pwet ng baso to the untrained eye, but I know what it really is. Haha! Because the stone has its flat side up, the diamond is fully protected by the metal that surrounds it. In the event that I get tired of the design, I can have the stone reversed and make it look like a new ring.

The point of improvement for this ring are minor hairline scratches on the sides of the ring, which are visible when zoomed in via camera or under intense sunlight.

14K white gold ring with 0.15 carat natural rose cut diamond by Theodore's Jewelry PH
 
Theodore's Jewelry PH can also set the rose cut diamond with the facets facing up, which is the usual look for rose cut diamonds.
 
Theodore's Jewelry PH can make your dream engagement or wedding rings according to your budget. While I have a personal bias towards yellow gold, I think white gold looks exceptionally beautiful with diamonds and high neck wedding dresses such as this one!


There are no rules on how to set the stone "correctly", because it depends on your preference. I just think this is worth sharing, as I've been looking for a photo of a rose cut diamond set in reverse but never found one on the internet, so I'm happy to share mine! 😁
 
Instagram: @theodorejewelryph
 
Love,
Helen

Let's keep in touch!
Facebook: Lucky Citrine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...