Saturday, January 28, 2017

Indulge with Shakey's Meaty Meat-Free Quorn Pizzas!

Happy Chinese New Year! 💖 Today was a very productive day! In the morning, my sister and I had a garage sale, so we were able declutter and earn. In the afternoon, we went to Caution Hot for late lunch. For dinner, my Dad, my sister, and I went to Shakey's! 🍕 We like their branch in Waltermart North EDSA, since it's the one that's closest to our place, and it's always peaceful there.


Tonight, I introduced to my family Shakey's meat-free pizzas! 😋 When I first heard of it, I thought it was just filled with veggies. 😐 I don't hate vegetables, but how can pizza be fun without beef, bacon, or pepperoni? What if I tell you, these meat-free pizza can impress even your most carnivorous friend? I'm seeing juicy chunks of chicken and thick slices of pepperoni here! 😮

The magic comes with Shakey's Philippines' partnership with UK food company Quorn. Quorn products are meat substitutes made from Mycoprotein. They are a nutritionally healthy protein source, gluten-free, naturally low in saturated fat, and rich in fiber. They have the familiar taste and texture of meat, minus the big calories.

There are 2 Quorn Pizza variants: Protein Surprise and Cheesy Chick'N. I ordered both for them to try (and be amazed). 😁


Protein Surprise is perfect if you want your pizza to have everything on it, but don't want to gain any more extra pounds. (Sneaky choice!) It has Quorn Chicken Style Pieces and Quorn Pepperoni, and I am so amazed because it really looks and tastes like meat. It's made extra special with black olives, bell peppers, onions, mushroom, and pineapple tidbits.


The Cheesy Chick’N pizza is a must-try! It has huge chunks of Quorn Chicken Style Pieces that tastes just like actual chicken chunks. (You wouldn't be able to tell the difference if the concept of Quorn wasn't introduced to you beforehand.) We LOVED this one! 😜 It also contains onions, bell peppers, cheddar cheese, and generous amounts of drizzled cheese sauce. 💛

I think you can choose these variants whenever you order their set meals. 👍 And because I have with me my Shakey's Supercard, we even got 10% on our bill! (My favorite perk of the Supercard is the free pepperoni pizza on my birth month. Wee!)


I was able to discover these new Shakey's Quorn Pizzas when I went to the launch last week at Beyond Yoga Serendra. The invite seemed strange. Pizza party at a yoga studio?


Now you don't have to feel guilty when you indulge after working out! 😊 I'm definitely happy with that. The Shakey's Quorn Pizza will be available until March 31, 2017. Catch it while you can!

Facebook: Shakey's Philippines
Instagram: @ShakeysPH

Love,
Helen

Let's keep in touch!
Lucky Citrine on Facebook
Lucky Citrine on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...