Thursday, January 19, 2017

ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip in Mama

I've been so curious about ColourPop's lippies for the longest time, especially when news came out that they're the same company that produces the famous Kylie Lip Kit. Last Christmas, my wish was granted because my sister gifted me with my very first ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip in an unconventional shade - Mama! It's a shade I wouldn't have picked out myself, but I'm glad she chose this!


I don't usually wear coral lippies, but this one is a very gorgeous burnt orange shade. I like it so much that I've been wearing for weeks!

Ingredients:


Packaging:


It comes in a standard lip gloss packaging with a doe-foot wand applicator.  Shade stickers are found on the base, both for the box and tube. The lettering on the packaging is holographic, but they don't show on this photo.


I've seen online that fake ColourPop lippies have a different cap. The original one has rough ridges on the inner part of the cap, while the fake ones are smooth inside.


The doe-foot applicator is quite small. As long as you wipe off all the excess product first, you can use this to apply the lippie evenly. I prefer using my pinky though, as it's easier.

Swatch:

ColourPop in Mama

This kind of burnt orange reminds me of fall season. My first impression was that it could work only for deep skin tones, but it actually goes well with all skin tones! In fact, it's the most flattering orange-based lippie I have ever tried. I'd get compliments when I wear this shade. It's not as strong as my usual red lip; but it's definitely unique and fresh! As for its texture, it's liquidy and it dries within seconds. My best tip for you is to blend it with your pinky for the most even finish. (Do not purse your lips as it dries! It would turn out gunky.) It sets to a completely matte finish with a powdery smooth feel. It feels comfortable, as if I don't have anything on. It's not the kind of liquid matte lipstick that sucks moisture out of your lips, nor would it make you feel like your lips are on the verge of cracking anytime. It's just lightweight, and you'd forget that it's there. (I'm impressed by this!) As for the staying power, it's budge-proof as long as you don't have an oily meal. Even if you snack and drink water often, this stays on! It starts fading around the center though when you eat oily food. I usually don't like retouching lippies that come in a wand applicator since I don't want to contaminate the rest of the product inside the tube, so I do my quick fix retouch using Vaseline Rosy Lips, and the remaining lippie blends well with it and my lips look even afterwards.


Price: USD 6
Available at colourpop.com

I don't recommend buying from bazaars, since my other sister bought 2 ColourPop lippies from a store in Maginhawa Street. The seller was nice, and the lippies were priced at P450 (!) each, so she assumed that they were original. She did research when she went home, fake pala yung mga nabili niya. 😧 (Resellers here sell them for P400 to P500 a pop, and some of them are even fake!)

Some of my blogger friends took advantage of the free international shipping deal at ColourPop late last year (which I hope happens again soon!), and they were able to buy the lippies at around USD 6 or P300 each. They just paid P112 handling fee at the post office, as goods worth P10,000 and below will be exempted from Custom duties and taxes!👍 However, our local FDA-DOH regulated that only 10 lipsticks are allowed per shipment that's considered for personal use, and anything in excess, they will confiscate.👎 (Sets aren't counted as one, even if they come in minis. They count the lipsticks individually.)


I dislike that rule, so before they even get the chance to use your confiscated goodies, destroy them. Swatch those lipsticks on the floor, because if you can't have them, no one else can.😈 LOL

Have you tried ColourPop lippies? Which shades can you recommend? I would love to repurchase! 💋

Love,
Helen

Let's keep in touch!
Lucky Citrine on Facebook
Lucky Citrine on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...