Monday, October 21, 2013

The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil

The Body Shop just recently released their newest range of makeup removers featuring Camomile as the star ingredient. Camomile is known to have a calming effect, so this ingredient might just be able to calm the skin, too. This cleansing oil is a first from The Body Shop.

The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil
With Community Fair Trade camomile

About the product:
Cleansing oil.
Effortlessly lifts away impurities and even removes waterproof make-up.

Ingredients:


This product contains Soybean Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Sesame Seed Oil, and Camomile Flower Oil (which is surprisingly the second to the last item on the ingredients list).

The circle on the lower right part of the photo indicates how much of the product you need to use, exactly the size of 25-centavo coin.

How to use:

Shake before use.

Massage into dry skin.
(This isn't the size of a 25-centavo coin, I accidentally dispensed too much product here.)

Add water to emulsify then rinse.
(To be sure, I double cleanse by using a facial wash afterwards.)

Before:

 

After:

From full makeup to zero makeup, effortlessly.

Pros:
  • The cleansing oil feels silky and glides on the skin. It feels good when I massage this all over my face.
  • It smells really good. I love the mild floral scent.
  • It's a nice change from using cleansing creams/cold creams to remove makeup. I love how convenient cleansing oils are - no need to tissue or cotton off anything, so skin tugging is minimized as well.
  • It melts off makeup easily, even long-wearing, waterproof ones.
  • I love using this when I do makeup swatches on my hand, or also when I apply makeup in the morning and my left hand always ends up with different shades. I just use this and my hands/arms are all clean and soft in just seconds.
  • My face feels so clean, fresh, and soft after using this. It's oil, but my face doesn't feel sticky or oily afterwards. But because I have oily skin, I always double cleanse and use a facial wash afterwards.
  • It's affordable for a cleansing oil, considering its size and the prices of other competing brands.

Cons:
  • Something is wrong with the pump. It squirts out the product with force, so I always end up with excess products. (Definitely not the 25-centavo coin size when dispensed.)

Tips:
  • Don't wet your face before applying this. Apply this on dry skin (with makeup, oil, dirt, and all) for it to work better.
  • If you're still iffy about using oils on your face (like me), follow this up with a facial wash.

Will I repurchase? Maybe, if this doesn't break me out in the long run or if my favorite Etude House Happy Teatime Cleansing Cream gets phased out for real.
Price: P695.00/200ml
Available in all The Body Shop stores nationwide.

The Body Shop's new Camomile range also includes the Camomile Kind Eye Makeup Remover, Camomile Waterproof Eye & Lip Makeup Remover, Camomile Sumptuous Cleaning Butter (interesting!), and Muslin Cloth.

Like The Body Shop, Philippines on Facebook for more information on their new products!

Love,
Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...