Sunday, December 16, 2012

Dagupan's Pride at Blackbeard's Seafood Island

One of the perks of working in UP Technohub is that we're surrounded by restaurants! My lunch buddies hold Friday as our sacred lunch-out day, where we take a break from our packed lunch and indulge in a good meal to usher in the weekend. (Hey, I think I should do a weekly segment for this!)

Blackbeard's Seafood Island, UP Technohub

Last week, we headed to Seafood Island for a boodle meal of good ol' Filipino food. Our group of 4 had a huge appetite, so we thought this place would be perfect. (Plus points for this branch for fast and timely service.)

Dagupan's Pride (P785.00, good for 3-4 persons) 

We ordered Dagupan's pride. I loved the presentation of the boodle feast - so appetizing! And it's not everyday that I get to eat on banana leaves. It reminds me of beach trips and summer vacations.


Dagupan's Pride had deep fried boneless bangus, pork bbq, steamed white shrimps, grilled tahong, grilled talong, okra, talbos ng kamote, green mango, crispy liempo and bagoong rice.


I think this one's a good choice since it 's complete with seafood, pork, vegetables, and a huge serving of delicious bagoong rice. There could have been more of the viand since the rice was more than enough, but for the taste and the price, no one's complaning!

Tokwa't Baboy (P155.00)

We also had an order of Tokwa't Baboy (tofu and pork) on the side, just in case we'd run out of viand to go with the rice.

Overall, I was very satisfied with the boodle feast. The place itself is accessible and pleasant, and their servings are good. Would love to try Tali Beach on my next visit!

Like Blackbeard's Seafood Island on Facebook; I heard they're giving away awesome prizes like a trip for 4 to Boracay!

Love,
Helen

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...