Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Elizabeth Arden White Glove Extreme Skincare

I got this sample-sized set of Elizabeth Arden White Glove Extreme Skincare way back in April, when Cosmopolitan published my answer in their "Cosmo Controversy" Q&A section. I've tried this skincare set for a little over a month. Despite the name "White Glove", this is NOT a skin-whitening skincare line. It's more of a brightening and illuminating skincare line.


This skincare range gives us a gentle and effective way to brighten our skin. This portion might sound like a boring biology/chemistry lecture but I have to share what makes this range different from whitening skincare. The main superstars of this skincare are the Emblica C Complex and New Marine Mineral Extract. Emblica C Complex combines the power of Emblica (Indian Gooseberry, a fruit extract used in traditional Eastern medicine for thousands of years) and a Vitamin C derivative. A new Marine Mineral Extract, called Cellulosomes Eryngium, is a rare and unique extract naturally derived from a sea holly plant that lives on the ocean's edge. This plant has the extraordinary ability to thrive and bloom in a harsh environment that exposes it to dehydration, salt water, sun, and sand. Amazing right? This skincare promises to smoothen and firm the skin and fade away fine lines.

Daytime:
  • Clarifying Foam Cleanser
  • Gentle Brightening Lotion
  • Brightening Eye Moisture Cream
  • Brightening Pore Refining Gel
  • Brightening UV Protector SPF 50 PA+++

Nighttime:
  • Clarifying Foam Cleanser
  • Gentle Brightening Lotion
  • Skin Brightening Overnight Capsules
  • Brightening Eye Moisture Cream
  • Brightening Pore Refining Gel

Clarifying Foam Cleanser

This cleanser dispenses the product in a soft, light, and foamy lather. This gently cleansed my skin, and I love how it did not leave my skin feeling tight after use. Because it is gentle, I feel that this won't be enough for nighttime cleansing (when I remove my makeup with cold cream). However, this would make a great daytime cleanser. One thing I don't like about the packaging is that the product spills a little when it is not stored upright. I keep this in my office drawer for when I need to freshen up.

Gentle Brightening Lotion

This toner is so mild, it feels and looks like water. It does not contain alcohol (which was a BIG plus in my book). It removes traces of makeup that was missed by the cleanser (like all toners are supposed to do), but I did not notice any dramatic brightening effect. Again, a problem with the packaging, since the top (mouth) of the bottle is wide-open (without stopper), so I have to always be careful when pouring the toner on a cotton ball, or else I would end up using too much product (boo to product wastage!).

Brightening Eye Moisture Cream

This was my favorite item in the skincare line. I love this eye cream because it feels light on my sensitive eye area, and it does not sting my eyes. I noticed a brightening effect on my dark circles after I woke up, and this made me look well rested! Given that this one is not super expensive (I have not checked the price yet), I would buy this in full size.

Brightening Pore Refining Gel

This one is a pore-minimizing moisturizer, but I don't have large pores so I hardly noticed the difference on my skin. I use this in the morning (over my makeup) and at night, but I find it better to use this only at night since the formula is a bit sticky.

Brightening UV Protector SPF 50 PA+++

I am not a fan of this sunblock. It felt heavy on my oily face. And on sunny days, I just can't use it. It feels so sticky and I think all the dirt will stick to my face when I use this out (since I just commute everyday). I just kept this one in my kit because this might come in handy for beach trips since it's so small.

Brightening UV Protector SPF 50 PA+++

This one won in the Cosmo Beauty Awards for 2010, but I do not like it that much. It's supposed to be their hero product for this range, but maybe I'm just a deviation from the rave reviews this product has been receiving. This is a concentrated treatment for use at night, but I can't stand the smell. It smells like ancient Chinese medicine. Plus, I don't know if this one is expired or not because of its yellow tinge with brown dots all over the formula.

Though I can't speak for this range fading away fine lines (since I do not have them yet *knocks on wood*) not can I say that it makes my pores any smaller since I do not have large pores to begin with. But this made my skin look healthier that I can actually go out (more like go to work) without any makeup on. There goes my two-cents worth on this skincare line. I love samples since I get to try lots of products before actually committing to buying one in full size.

What sample product have you tried that made you repurchase in full size? Do share!

Love,
Helen

8 comments:

  1. hahaha! i have fine lines already. x) good review on the products dear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sugar: I barely noticed that you had fine lines. XD Thanks for reading my post dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hay naku, ang hirap ng tumatanda... This is a good review sis..

    ReplyDelete
  4. i want to try those capsul!
    thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Diane: I haven't been able to really try it, but I hope it works for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How are you Hellen?
    It always feels good to read your honest reviews. Kudos for that!
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing great, Pauline! Glad my reviews have been of help. ;) Hope you're doing great as well!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...