Sunday, July 3, 2011

Suesh 8 pc. Blush Set (Short Handles)

Makeup brushes play a very important role in achieving a seamless makeup application. I've had my share of buying super cheap brushes when I just started playing with makeup, and I wanted an upgrade without spending too much. I'm not a pro, after all, so that investment can wait. I was looking for a brush set that is soft and affordable. I've read about Suesh brushes and how good their quality is, so when I went to Trinoma, I just had to drop by their kiosk to see their brushes in actual! Indeed, they had soft and dense brushes at affordable prices, which Cosmo has also recognized in their annual beauty awards (twice!). I was scanning their brush sets, eyeing their 5 pc. brush set (which was about P900.00), when I happened to see this 8 pc. Blush Set at 50% off! Without further hesitation, I immediately bought it and took home with me this brush set at the rock-bottom price of P375.00! (Had I knew that this was not a permanent markdown and that the price would go back to P750.00, I would have bought more sets as gifts.)

Suesh Blush Sets are made from mid-quality synthetic and natural hair. These sets fit the everyday users and professionals on a budget. The brush sets are housed in a soft and smooth faux leather case.

Suesh Blush Sets are a grade lower in terms of brush hairs compared to the Suesh series, but they're still soft and durable.

This was the black faux leather brush roll that came with the set.

The brushes' handles were all covered in plastic, and the first two brushes (powder brush and blush brush) had a cover to protect the fluffy bristles and keep them in shape.

Powder Brush

This powder brush was soft and not scratchy, but it bled blue the first time I washed it. The protective plastic cover for this brush (and also the blush brush) was loose and would easily come off.

Blush Brush

This was the brush that caught my eye because of its striking red color. This brush also bled when I washed it. Is is not so dense and fluffy, but it's just right when applying powder blush.

Eyeshadow Brush

This brush is super scratchy and rough (look at the uneven bristles pictured above). It hurt the sensitive skin around my eye area I just had to take this out of my brush roll and replace my e.l.f. Eyeshadow Brush with it.

Small Eyeshadow Brush

Good thing there are two eyeshadow brushes in this kit. This one is made from synthetic bristles and is kind of stiff.

Brow Brush

Ahh, the eyebrows. I think this is one of the most challenging parts of makeup application! This brush had very thin and soft bristles. I use the Chocolate Caviar Eye Shadow (from the Bobbi Brown Pretty Palette) to fill in my brows. However, my sister who's better with makeup said that this brush is to flimsy and it streaks the eyebrow powder upon application. Uh oh.

Flat Definer/Lip Brush

I'm not so sure what this brush is for. I searched for info from Suesh's Facebook Page, and they listed this brush as a lip brush. I'm not using this brush much, because I apply lipstick straight from the tube and just wipe off the excess with tissue. Plus, I think it's a little to wide to be a lip brush. However, this brush is really soft, but since it is white, it's a stain magnet.

Angle Shader Brush/Bullet Brush

I think this brush is better called a smudger. I like it because I use it to even out my eyeliner.

Tool Brush

This brow and lash comb is nice to have. It shapes the brow and combs the lashes to separate them for when your mascara gets clumpy and makes your lashes stick to one another.

Left to Right: Powder Brush, Blush Brush, Eyeshadow Brush, Small Eyeshadow Brush, Lip Brush, Brow Brush, Smudger, and Brow and Lash Comb

Would I repurchase? No. I'll get the brushes from the Suesh series as they are softer.
Price: P750.00 (regular price). I got this at P375.00 (a steal!) so it's like P47.00 per brush (plus a brush roll).
Location:
Suesh,Trinoma (Main Spine, Ground Floor, Near Plains and Prints, Bayo, and Kashieca)
Suesh Showroom and Studio (34 Wilson Street, Greenhills, San Juan, Metro Manila)
Suesh Website

For more info, you may also check out their Facebook page.


What makeup brushes do you use and can recommend? :)

Love,
Helen

4 comments:

  1. i was about to buy this at ensogo!! thanks to your post!!!! godbless

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Donnarence: I immediately checked out ensogo upon reading your comment! And ohh it's P375 there! I'll update my post with the deal. Thanks so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the ensogo deal a few minutes ago, searched for reviews of the Blush brush sets and landed here. Hmm, to buy or not to buy...

    By the way, I use the 5pc make-up brush set by Ecotools, the softest brushes ever. No scratchy feeling at all. http://ayenjla.blogspot.com/2011/07/review-ecotools-brush-set-for-mineral.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ayen: This set is good for those who are just starting to use makeup. Can't beat the price too! Thanks for visiting my blog, followed you back. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...