Monday, September 7, 2015

Sundate: Auction + Korean Village

Yesterday was a pretty interesting day for me. I got to experience an actual auction, and got myself a pretty little souvenir along the way.

Stamps from China


These ones were printed in Beijing way back 1985; I wasn't even born yet! Giant Pandas were considered as precious rare animals then. As of last year, there are only 1,864 giant pandas alive in the wild (plus my Panda, which makes it 1,865...LOL), so let's save them!


My Panda got me this set of stamps commemorating the Year of the Snake printed 1989, the year I was born. (Thank you!) :3


After the auction, we went to Robinsons Place Manila first to pass the time while waiting for Korean Village to open. I was finally able to buy the USB LED light I've been needing for so long. Yay! Now we don't have to Skype in darkness. Haha! I also liked the Daiso store there. It looks small, but the store is long in the sense that it's rectangular, but it seems bigger than their Shangri-La branch.

My Panda and I were craving for some salmon sashimi, and I remembered Korean Village instantly since I've been here once last year. I would've gone here more often if only it was near my place. The food is so good!

Appetizers (Free when you order a main dish)

I was about to order kimchi when the waiter told me that we could get it for free when we order a main dish. Okay! :D We loved everything (hello, tamago and dilis!) except the green veggie beside the kimchi.

Salmon Sashimi (P350)

So fresh! It didn't smell fishy at all, and the texture was just right. The truth is, I bet we both could have finished one plate each. Haha. Serving size is good also, since this price point could mean 5 measly slices in other restaurants.

Beef Rib Stew (P300)

The beef was soft, tender, and sweet. We'll order this again next time.

Bibimbap Stoneware (P250)

This one looks nice but for me it lacked meat and spicy kick. It's an okay dish, but it didn't blow me away. Bibimbap went well with the meat that we ordered.

Miso Soup (Free when you order a main dish)

Reminds me of Yabu! This one's saltiness is just right. It also has tofu chunks hidden inside.

Fresh Pineapple (Free)

I was supposed to order Korean ice cream, but the choices were a bit limited that day. Then the waiter served us this platter of fruit to cap off our meal. Definitely a healthier choice! :D

Next time we go anywhere near Taft or Roxas Boulevard, we'd definitely revisit this restaurant. ;)

Korean Village Restaurant Malate
566 Nakpil Street, Malate, Manila
Phone numbers: (02)5221902, (02)5244958
Store hours: 11AM to 2:30PM, 5:30PM to 10PM

Love,
Helen

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...