Saturday, July 18, 2020

Review: Hello Glow All-Natural Whitening Set

I never thought I'd ever get into the skin rejuvenating sets hype. I have always found them sketchy and even scary, seeing photos of chemical burns and damaged skin online. I also didn't like the idea of stinging, redness, and peeling. 😱

Then Ever Bilena launches Hello Glow - an all-natural whitening set that claims to be safe for sensitive skin, teenagers, and pregnant & breastfeeding women - without the pain. This skincare set is also vegan, cruelty-free, and paraben-free. It's FDA-approved, too. Now I am curious!


Hello Glow does not contain hydroquinone, but instead makes use of natural and moisturizing ingredients:
  • peony extract, glutathione, papaya fruit extract, kojic acid, and arbutin for
    skin-brightening
  • soapnut fruit extract and strawberry begonia extract for skin-smoothing
  • skullcap extract and apple fruit extract for skin-protection

Hello Glow's formulation remains stable even when tested in hot temperature, and the creams do not turn brown as oxidized hydroquinone does. (And when you see online sellers justifying those creams as safe to use, RUN!)


Because I was so curious but still quite a bit scared, I messaged several of my blogger friends who have tried Hello Glow before, and they all said that it does not sting. I initially just needed to buy a new toner but decided to get the set because it was more sulit. I was told that one Hello Glow set would last for just 2 weeks, so I bought 2 sets immediately para hindi bitin. LOL! As of this review, I've been using my first set for exactly a month now, and hindi parin ubos. 😀 The soap is still huge, the toner's half full, and the creams could last for a few more weeks.

Hello Glow 4-in-1 Whitening Soap

I used to be afraid to use kojic soap or any kind of bar soap on my face. That was such a no-no for my skin because I knew bar soaps were harsh. Hello Glow 4-in-1 Whitening Soap surprised me because it did not sting my skin at all! They call it 4-in-1 because it contains papaya extract, kojic acid, arbutin, and glutathione. The soap base is made of coconut oil. You have to lather the soap in your hands first until it's white and foamy, then massage the lather on your face. I just leave this on for a few seconds, and not 2-3 minutes as the instructions say. My skin feels fresh after using this, but I always use toner afterwards to restore my skin's pH level, so I haven't really experienced dryness, peeling, or flaking of the skin. I've noticed that my pimples dry up and heal a lot faster with this soap.

Also, it doesn't easily melt because I store it upright on a soap dish with big drainage holes, I take it out of the bathroom after using, and I don't cover it so it has time to dry. I've been using the soap on my face twice a day for a month now, and the bar is still pretty big! I didn't need to cut it. (Too lazy for that!) I think one bar will last 2 or even 3 months.

Oh, my soap also came with that black dot on the right. I'm not sure what it is but I just removed it.

Hello Glow Clarifying Toner

Hello Glow Clarifying Toner has smells pleasantly fruity, and its water texture feels so refreshing on the skin. It helps to restore the balance my skin's pH level after using the kojic soap. It contains apple fruit extract, kojic acid, arbutin, and glutathione. This toner's second ingredient is ethyl alcohol and fragrance oil is high up on the ingredients list, but it does not sting my skin nor does it cause irritations. Since I'm just at home and I don't wear makeup, I do away with the cotton pad and just directly apply the toner on my face by patting it with my hands. But for the days I do wear makeup, I apply the toner using a soft cotton pad to gently take all the deep seated dirt out. They're coming up with a bigger bottle of this soon, and I am excited!

Hello Glow Sunscreen Cream

At first glace, I wondered why mineral oil was the second ingredient and titanium dioxide came last (which is supposed to be the sunscreen ingredient). This sunscreen cream contains SPF 30, which is enough for everyday protection in the city. I use this sunscreen cream every morning to protect my skin from indoor light as I sit in front of the laptop all day. The cream smells fruity, feels light, and makes my face smooth to touch. It also has a brightening effect that looks really natural. However, the texture is slippery and it makes my oily skin shiny in just an hour or so. Also, SPF indicates the level of protection from UVB rays, while PA indicates the level of protection from UVA rays, and this sunscreen does not indicate the PA level. Among the products in the Hello Glow kit, this one's probably the product I won't repurchase, as my personal preference is a broad spectrum, mattifying sunscreen. And so, my sunscreen search continues.

Hello Glow Whitening Cream

Hello Glow Whitening Cream rejuvenating night cream has a similar texture to the sunscreen cream, and as a night cream it feels divine. My skin always looks better in the morning when I use this, and it makes my skin look decent even if I haven't been sleeping well since the start of mid-March. Truth to be told, I used to be scared with the idea of using a rejuvenating cream, as I am afraid of my skin getting red and damaged, but this Hello Glow set has proven to be gentle. Also, some use this cream on their underarms for perfect pits, and I might try that as well!

Well, how about the purging effect?


I didn't believe in purging as I don't think it has happened to me before. When I'm allergic to a particular skincare item my skin reacts quickly (like it gets itchy) so I know when to stop using it. However, Hello Glow made my skin purge days into using it. My skin wasn't itchy, and the pimples just came out. I think it started at day 2 or 3, and this was my skin at day 7. Thankfully, it didn't get any worse.

Day 2 vs Day 14
(Textured vs Smooth)

Day 0 vs Day 14
Do you see the GLOW on my bare skin?

The annoying pimple on my cheek was a recurring one which came back on the same spot thrice before I started using Hello Glow. See how it has dried up and is now on its way to fading. My skin is fair to begin with but it lacks glow because of bad sleep. I know nothing can replace quality sleep, but Hello Glow helps my skin look decent and healthy.


So there, I can finally say I am no longer scared of kojic soaps and the idea of rejuvenating skincare, but only if it's Hello Glow. I am proud to say that I have helped saved the skin of our neighbor's kasambahay. We both met the Shopee rider to receive our orders, and she asked me what I bought. I told her it's the new skincare from Ever Bilena and she wanted to see. She liked to try it as well, so I told her from which Shopee store to buy. I saw from her Shopee search bar that she was actively looking for rejuvenating sets (!), good thing I recommended this just in time. After a few weeks, I saw her again with clearer skin, and she told me that she loves Hello Glow. She told me, "Hindi nagbakbak balat ko!" So yeah, we both have the same skincare routine! 😉

SRP: PHP 360/set
Bought from Shopee (not sponsored)
 
UPDATE: It's currently on sale at Hello Glow's Lazada Flagship Store for only PHP 200!)

Do you also use rejuvenating sets? 😊

Love,
Helen

Follow @LUCKYCITRINE on Instagram 
Like LUCKY CITRINE on Facebook

18 comments:

  1. hi! what products from this set would you recommend the most? i would love to buy those❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The soap is really nice! I can see that my skin is indeed brighter when I was using this soap vs a regular facial wash.

      The toner is gentle too and it smells lovely.

      Update: I'm not fond of the creams kasi oily skin ko, and they tend to feel heavy. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi! Can you also do a review on the blue variant of that rejuv set?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I'm currently on a low buy so I won't likely get the blue set. Project Vanity has a nice review on the blue set! :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Oily to oily-dehydrated :D It's been like that ever since.

      Delete
  4. Hi safe po ba ito sa pregnant??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As stated above, Hello Glow is an all-natural whitening set that claims to be safe for sensitive skin, teenagers, and pregnant & breastfeeding women.

      Delete
  5. Hi gusto ko lang malaman if kapag natapat ka sa araw or mainit, hndi ba namumula ng parang sunog yung mukha?

    Nag try na kasi ako once ng rejuv dati tas tinigil ko kasi sobrang pula na lagi ng face ko tas onteng bilad lang sa araw or lakad sobrang pula na agad ng face ko, ayoko na makaranas pa ulit ng ganon. Sana masagot mo question ko. Bet ko kasi itry kaso natatakot nako.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, ask ko lang if kapag ba minsan aalis ka or masinagan ka ng araw nakaranas ka ng sobrang pamumula ng mukha?

    I try once mag rejuv, and yun yung nanyare sakin kaya natatakot nako ngyon mag try, but since nakita ko yung mga vlog about dito want ko sya itry kaso kasi super sensitive ng skin ko at pulahin ako lalo na kapag tatawa but nung nag try ako ng rejuv sobra talaga yung pamumula ko lalo na sobrang init. Sana masagot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matapang kasi yung ibang rejuv set, never ako nag try dati aside from Hello Glow.

      Itong Hello Glow hindi naman nakakasunog ng mukha, may SPF 30 Day Cream rin na kelangan gamitin pero di ko to bet nabibigatan ako, so ibang sunscreen gamit ko.

      Delete
  7. is it normal to experience small bumps on my face and feeling a bit itchy? it's my 2nd day using the hello glow all natural whitening set the one that you're using. I want to think that my skin is adjusting to the product... I wish to continue but Im kinda worried baka hindi ako hiyang ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Parang purging yan, the brand claims that it's normal. As for me, first time ako nakaexperience ng purging with this set. Nag heal naman eventually.

      Delete
  8. I really love the whitening g effect but after 3 consecutive days of using the product I noticed some rashes I don't if I'm allergic with your product I still want to use sana but I decided to stop using muna since ung rashes dumadami. Is there any who can help me this ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rashes are not normal, better to stop using and consult a derma.

      Delete
  9. hi, pano po malalaman yung expiration ng product? 2020 po kase nasa packaging and 2023 na ngayon. pwede pa ba yun gamitin?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I recently bought this and the moment i opened the sunscreen, it smells real bad and does not have a smooth texture, is this normal? Also, I would like to ask when is the expiration date of this product if it was made in 2020

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! I recently bought this set and the moment I opened the sunscreen, it smells real bad and doesn't obtain a smooth texture, is this normal?

    Also, I would like to ask when will be the expiration date of this product if it was manufactured by 2020.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...