Saturday, January 31, 2015

The Food Club Manila's First Anniversary Dinner

The last time I was at The Food Club was when my high school friend celebrated his birthday here with the entire barkada almost a year ago. I don't do buffets quite often since I have the takaw-tingin syndrome, where I get overwhelmed with all the food in sight, want to try everything, but easily get full. However, this place is worth revisiting, and I was quite excited to see what's up with The Food Club a year after it's soft opening.


Aside from their newly lowered rates for buffet lunch and dinner, I was curious with their menu update. Old favorites and new dishes to try made me excited!
 

Same as before, the restaurant was bright, neat, and spacious. The chandeliers add a nice touch of class. On the side of the restaurants are more private couch/table setups which are perfect for dates or smaller groups. This proves that you don't need to go to a hotel to experience a luxurious buffet.

Now on to my favorite part which is the food. I wasn't able to cover EVERYTHING they had to offer, but here are what caught my eye.


The have fresh and crisp salads, breads, and various types of cheeses to go with a glass of wine if you wish.


Fans of Japanese food will happy to see their lovely sushi spread. There are also different kinds of tempura - ebi, vegetable, etc.

I've noticed that most food I gravitated to was on the Asian fusion side. But they do serve pastas and pizzas too!

 


I was stopped by this sign. Xiao Long Bao Section, and a friendly chef approached me and asked if I wanted them to cook some for me. Yes, please!


Dimsum all you can, of course! I had my fair share of Hakaw.


You'd see a seafood section tucked inside the myriad of food trays. They didn't serve lobsters, oysters, and mussels anymore (sad), but they had crabs and plump shrimps, which you can let them cook according to your liking. Garlic butter? Sweet chili? Go!


On the front display were Singaporean Crab and Buttered Garlic Shrimp.


They also served meats such as turkey (with cranberry sauce) and roast beef over at the carving station. Hello there, medium rare beefy goodness!

After all the MEATing was dessert heaven!
 

Lovely chocolate fountains with sweets and fruits. My favorite will be the simple white mallows drizzled in white chocolate.


Cake slices and dessert shots in all flavors imaginable.


Glorious Filipino-inspired desserts such as good ol' hot taho, kakanin, and halo-halo. I spy the huge slice of leche flan by the counter.


Fruits for the health conscious (which you can make more sinful by passing it by the chocolate fountains), and yummy gummies for the kids. The also had a Big Scoop ice cream counter, and a crepe station beside it.
 

Drinks are already included in the buffet charge - yes, including beer and red wine. But usually everyone goes for their fresh fruit shakes (try the watermelon shake!). There are also juices, but something new for me is the Milo Shake. I bet this one's popular among kids (and even adults).

So here are what I had for dinner:


You can see here my "no I'm not a fan of seafood" plate, with buttered garlic crab and shrimps, ebi tempura, hakaw, and fish fillet.


Xiao long bao served in a hot bamboo basket with vinegar and garlic slivers dip.


Refreshing glass of watermelon shake.


Slices of medium rare roast beef.


Red wine to go with my roast beef. (I forgot which brand they served, but it was from Spain.)


Desserts for a sweet ending. Everything on the plate was good. I had creme brulee, oreo shooter, mallows, meringue, and red velvet cake.

*Kids ages 6-11 pay for half the price, and kids 5 years old and below eat for free.

The Food Club Manila
Unit E Bluebaywalk Pres. Diosdado Macapagal Avenue cor. Edsa, Pasay City
Store hours: Mon-Sun 11:00–14:30, 17:30–22:30

For reservations:
http://www.thefoodclub.com.ph/reservations/
Phone: 7368001 / 7798673
Mobile: 09064281669
Email: info@thefoodclub.com.ph

Like The Food Club Manila on Facebook for more information. See you at the CLUB! :D

Love,
Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...