Thursday, January 29, 2015

Ofra Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick in Laguna Beach

When I first saw Ofra Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick inside my Flawless Beauty Glamourbox, I thought it was another tinted gloss masquerading as a liquid lipstick. Boy, was I so wrong! Upon swatching it on my arm, it quickly turned matte, which made me fall in love at first sight.

Ofra Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick in Laguna Beach
Here's to a full lip color in one step! The vibrant colors of these liquid lipsticks will give you a vivacious look. Creamy and soft in texture, they moisturize the lips with antioxidants and Vitamin E. With five hours of staying power, they create a lipstick effect that does not feather!

Ingredients:


The packaging of this liquid lipstick is simple - too simple for my liking. For something that costs almost P1,000.00, I expect a fancier packaging and not one that has a sticker for its label. (Which is now fading, after months of usage). For its price, the product itself better be worth it.


It comes in a slim tube with a doe-foot applicator, but I like blending it with my pinky to make it more even.

Swatches:

Before - During - After

Based on the packaging, I'd think Laguna Beach was a nude shade with pink undertones, but apparently it goes on dusty pink. It goes on from a creamy, highly pigmented formula to super matte in seconds. So amazing!


Laguna Beach is a very lovely shade of pink. Not MLBB, but it looks perfectly natural - nothing too Barbie or neon. And it's matte, what's not to love? It lasts really long too, around 4 to 5 hours, but that's without eating or drinking. (It starts fading when you eat or drink.)  It comes in a yummy vanilla scent, too!

As for the cons, it emphasizes my lip lines and it dries my lips because of its matte formula. Example, I apply it in the morning when my lips are in a normal condition, but when it starts to fade and I need to retouch in the afternoon, my lips are sometimes flaky already - and flaky lips and matte lippies aren't really a good combo.

Price: P950.00
Available at Glamourbox

I have mixed emotions with this product. I love the shade, the finish, but I don't love how I end up with dry lips, so I make sure to have a matte-ish lip balm at hand whenever I use this.

Glamourbox girls! Have you tried Ofra Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick? :D

Like GlamourboxPH and Ofra Cosmetics Philippines on Facebook for more information.

Love,
Helen

8 comments:

  1. Hello! I love this kind of matte creamy and the staying power is really good but I haven't tried it yet. :D Its a bit pricey for me, if it retails for only 600-700 I'm gonna buy na. I just want to share the Max Factor Lipfinity Color and Gloss which looks like a duo. It sets to matte finish like this and the gloss is a baby pink with silver shimmer to it that makes a great combo for me. :) I've using the shade of luminous petal, you might want to try. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Marian! Thanks for the recommendation. Is it long wearing as well? :)

      I agree, this one's quite pricey. It would help a lot if they would lower their prices. :D

      Delete
  2. i love the colour of those lipsticks!!
    please check out my new blog i just started today :)

    http://emiri-desu.blogspot.com.au
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's pretty, but my price basis has always been MAC lipsticks. Like, if I see something at 900, I end up thinking, "Well, why don't I just get a MAC lipstick then?" Hahaha. That's pretty much what's stopping me from splurging on expensive lippies. :))

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...