Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The Body Shop Wild Argan Oil The Radiant Oil

The Body Shop has launched their most luxurious bath and body care range: Wild Argan Oil. Here in the Philippines, the Wild Argan Oil range comes with 4 products: Shower Gel, Rough Scrub, Body Butter, and The Radiant Oil. I was planning to do a capsule post on the collection, but this product stood out as a favorite of mine, so it deserves a post of its own.

The Body Shop Wild Argan Oil The Radiant Oil

Glow with the rich radiance of Community Fair Trade wild Argan oil from Morocco for body and hair.
  • Luxurious rich, dry oil
  • Satin-touch radiance
  • For body and hair
  • Enriched with Community Fair Trade Wild Argan Oil

The Wild Argan Oil in this product is obtained from the Argan trees deep in the foothills of the Atlas mountain in Morocco, the only area where it naturally thrives. Here, the local Berber women handpick and handcrack only the best quality nuts, which are then slowly pressed to extract the purest, most radiant oil.

For centuries, the Berber women have used Argan oil, traditionally as part of their hammam beauty rituals, to protect and nourish their skin and hair from the harsh Saharan winds and fierce sun. It is rich in essential fatty acids - including linoleic acid (Omega 6) - and natural tocopherols, making it a superior skin-nourishing ingredient and earning it the title "Queen of Oils".


The Body Shop's version of The Radiant Oil contains olive fruit oil, Argan oil, and sunflower seed oil.

This product comes in a bottle with atomizer as dispenser. I don't recommend spraying it directly on the hair (since you don't want oil concentrated on just a section), but for the body, it's very convenient to just spray and go.

Even if I know that Argan oil works wonders for the hair, I was initially hesitant on using it for that purpose since I don't want to end up with greasy strands. Well, I've found a super solution for that! I spray the oil on the palm of my hand then apply the oil on my hair from ear-level to the tips. I leave it on for a few minutes, then I wash my hair as usual with shampoo and conditioner. This way, my hair is nourished without looking oily, and my waves bounce with health. (I could seriously get used to this.)


As for the body, this works like a dream. The Radiant Oil is scented with a nutty, musky, powdery scent. It has a very warm and comforting fragrance - perfect for colder days ahead. Whenever I wear it, I skip perfume since the scent is already lovely on its own. Since it's a dry oil, it's instantly absorbed by the skin, leaving a satiny smooth finish. This oil leaves my skin soft and hydrated while feeling light. But I only use this oil during the evening, to hydrate my skin and relax myself before I sleep. (I don't use body moisturizers during the day since I commute and I don't want dirt sticking to me.) If you're too lazy for lotions, try this one!


Price: P1,595.00
Available in all The Body Shop stores nationwide

Like The Body Shop, Philippines on Facebook and follow them on Instagram @thebodyshopph for more information.

Love,
Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...