Tuesday, July 15, 2014

The Body Shop Moringa Body Sorbet

I'm crazy over body moisturizers and I thought I've already tried them in each kind - be it body lotion, body milk, body butter, body oil, body souffle. Now, there's body sorbet! :o I start imagining how refreshing this could be, just like ice cream for my skin on a hot summer day.

I've actually spotted teasers of this product over at The Body Shop International Facebook page months ago. (Yes, I actually cyberstalk this page for when I want to get updated on the new releases from the brand.) I'm so happy the sorbets have finally arrived in the Philippines last month (June, which is summer for other countries)! Since it's almost always a hot as summer here anyway, the sorbets are very much welcome all year round!

The Body Shop Moringa Body Sorbet
Scoop an industry first with this cool body moisturiser, infused with delicate floral moringa scent! Our breakthrough sorbet texture instantly melts into skin for a frosty burst of fresh moisture.
  • Light and fast-absorbing
  • Leaves body instantly moisturised
  • Up to 24 hours of hydration


This one's my first Moringa product from The Body Shop. Moringa is the English name for our well-loved malunggay - a nutritious herb known to treat various skin disorders.


It comes in a tube packaging that looked more like a shower gel. I like the packaging as it's convenient to dispense the product using the plastic squeezy tube, while keeping it hygienic.

Swatches:


It comes in the most awesome sorbet texture. Given the nature of this kind of moisturizer, it feels rather cooling and refreshing, but not really tingly (unlike mentholated products). As you massage it on the skin, you can feel the Aqua Spheres melting right in and getting absorbed instantly. It leaves a velvety matte finish on the skin - nothing oily or greasy so dirt/dust is less likely to stick to your skin. As for the moisturizing properties, it's not that hydrating (especially when I am so used to body butters), but it does make the skin softer while being veiled in a layer of fragrance.

One caveat though. I am not so fond of the Moringa scent. It's floral and soapy at the same time. My friends seem to like this scent, but I'm more into sweet, deliciously fruity scents like Strawberry or Mango.

Price: P850.00
Available in all The Body Shop stores nationwide


You may also check out my review on The Body Shop Vitamin E Aqua Boost Sorbet. Do drop by your nearest The Body Shop store to try these out! :D

Like The Body Shop, Philippines on Facebook for more information. Which flavor of (body) sorbet do you like most?

Love,
Helen

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...