Friday, January 24, 2014

Salted Caramel Gelato from afters Espresso & Desserts

Happy Friday, everyone! Weekend is here, what are your plans? :)

My sisters and I share a love for desserts! We're recently into gelato, and I have tried some really good ones from afters Espresso & Desserts (located in Tomas Morato).

Gelato flavors:

Top: Cotton Candy, Salted Caramel, Dark Chocomint, Mascarpone, Green Tea, Snickers
Bottom: Bubblegum, Chocolate, Cinnamon, Popcorn, Ferrero, Straciatella

This one's probably my favorite part of the cafe! You can sample the flavors first before ordering. The owner's mom was behind the counter was very friendly and hands on. She shared with us that they make their own gelato in the kitchen, and told that the bestselling variant would be Ferrero. Hence, that's what my sister ordered.

Each scoop costs P95.00, but they also sell takeout tubs for P99.00. I got mine in Salted Caramel.

afters Espresso & Desserts Salted Caramel Gelato


The gelato was so dense and creamy! The texture is just smooth and perfect. Heck, I enjoyed this even more compared to Gelatissimo's gelato (which had more of an icy texture). The salted caramel flavor reminded me of the nostalgic Peter's Butter Ball candy I used to enjoy as a kid.

I love chocolates, but I don't like chocolate ice cream (weird enough), so I skipped the Ferrero gelato. My sister's order arrived, and so I tried it. Well, let's just say afters Ferrero gelato is the only chocolate ice cream I'll eat (for now!). It's like real Ferrero chocolate morphed into gelato form and is seriously so good! (Too bad I don't have a photo, but I will be back for this, I'm sure!)

While they do also serve real food (for breakfast, lunch, and dinner), they also have a wide assortment of coffee and drinks. If you're tired of going to Starbucks (with all the noise and people), try going to afters! The ambiance is cozy, relaxed, and most importantly, peaceful. And of course, the gelato! ♥

afters Espresso & Desserts
20 Lansbergh Place, Tomas Morato Ave. cor Scout Castor St. 1103 Quezon City, Philippines
Phone: 791-8789
Email: info@aftersmanila.com

Love,
Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...