Thursday, October 25, 2012

Prizes from Maven's Big Beauty Blowout + The Boyfriend Issue

Maven has been a big blessing to me. I always look forward to every new issue, because among the many magazines I've read, it was Maven that never failed to surprise and amaze. Last month was Maven's big beauty blowout issue (August-September 2012), where they had tons of beauty features like the best drugstore beauty finds, basic makeup you'll need to build your kikay kit, essential makeup tools/brushes you'll need, makeup looks to cop, and tons of tips on beauty, fashion, career, and relationships. Basically, everything a well-rounded woman would love is in this magazine.


This is actually my favorite among all the copies of Maven magazines in my collection - just because it's so packed with all things kikay and pretty. In that issue, they also gave away tons of beauty stuff. Everything they featured in their "42 Best Drugstore Beauty Buys" section was up for grabs!


The mechanics were super easy. I just sent a message to Maven Magazine's on Facebook telling them what beauty products I loved in the issue and why I wanted to win them. Easy as that!

A few weeks later, I received a reply from Maven informing me that I won a Maybelline gift pack and a LipIce Sheer Color Lip Balm, which was replaced by The Body Shop Honey Bronze Lip Nectar.

Maybelline Clear Smooth BB Stick in Radiance
Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm in Energizing Orange

The Body Shop Honey Bronze Lip Nectar in Honey Bunch

Maven is insanely generous to their loyal readers. Ladies and gents, grab your copies of Maven's latest issue for October-November 2012, featuring gorgeous Solenn Heussaff. This issue is deemed as "The Boyfriend Issue". I almost can't relate to the cover line, but with or without a boyfriend, I just had to grab a copy. May this serve as an inspiration to me. Haha!


What I noticed about this issue is that it had better layouts and pictures in the entire magazine. It's really nice to see that they are improving along the way! Also, you don't have to have a boyfriend in order to appreciate this copy of Maven. It's so worth every penny. I'd be glad to post a sneak preview of this if you like! :)

Love,
Helen

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Haha thanks! Masipag ako magjoin if I like the prize. :D

      Delete
  2. Do let us know how the Body Shop's bronze lip nectar is !:)

    ♥,
    Shari
    The Misty Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will post if I use it. :) It's orange, I'm not sure if it will suit me. Hahaha!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...