Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Hong Kong & Macau Trip, Day 3 at Disneyland! ❤

Our third day in Hong Kong was my most awaited day since we're going to Disneyland! 😍 This post took quite long to make. There were so many photos, I had a hard time deciding which ones to pick, edit, and upload. I want to relive my first ever Disneyland experience many years from now, so I made this post very detailed and photo heavy. 😜

Since we know that food in Disneyland is expensive, Panda, Cindy, and I chose to have brunch first in Mongkok before leaving. We went back to Cafe de Coral and was surprised with their breakfast menu. We were craving for rice meals from our first night, but the menu was different in the morning.

Hoki Fillet & Scrambled Egg w/ Milk + Thick Toast w/ Butter + Milk Tea (HKD 28.50)


I chose the F1 set, but as usual, it looked better in the photo. I do appreciate the quick service in this restaurant, though. This time around, I finished my milk tea (with added sugar) for an added energy boost for a long day ahead.


We took the MTR (HKD 23) from Mongkok to Lai King, Lai King to Sunny Bay, and Sunny Bay to Disneyland Resort.

Cute baby sighting. She looks like a doll! 😍


Now I know why people are charging towards the seats when the train doors opened. They wanted to take selfies with the Mickey Mouse window backdrop.ðŸ˜ĩ

Cute handles!

We finally made it!


Our bags were inspected for food since it was not allowed. You can bring water, though. We bought our tickets online, so just scanned them on the entrance.


Everybody was taking photos here, too! We did our best to block them here on this selfie! HEHE

Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy.

Balloons! I'm sure my niece will love these! 💙

SO PRETTY!
 

Mickey Mouse and Star Wars waffles cost HKD 50 each, while Frozen Lollipops cost HKD 35 each.

Sleeping Beauty's Castle 😍


We went to Disneyland on a Thursday so the crowd was fairly manageable. My sister had a mental list of the attractions that we wanted to try, so were very strategic in going around the park! First stop was Adventureland, because everyone was going to the cutesy places such as Fantasyland (so girly and cute).


We rode a Raft to Tarzan's Treehouse!

This one was moving, and it even had baby Tarzan's crying sounds!


Tarzan is not exactly my favorite Disney character, but his tree house was so detailed and nicely done. If I'm already amazed with this one, what more for the other attractions? I was so excited! Because we did not arrive early, we finished going around Tarzan's Treehouse at around 11:30AM. We immediately fell in line for the "Festival of the Lion King" show which was happening at 12:00PM. We were the first ones in line, so we had really good seats!


The image of Simba in my mind was his kid version, so I wasn't used to seeing him grown up. When I showed this to my niece, she exclaimed, "Hey, it's Simba!" ðŸ˜ē (She watches the show Lion Guard on TV.) My niece is going to Hong Kong Disneyland too this month, and I'm so excited for her!
 

This show was indeed a spectacle. There were singing, dancing, acrobatic acts, and they even danced with fire!


Next up, we brisked walk to Mystic Point, so we could try Mystic Manor. We boarded Lord Henry Mystic's Magneto-Electric Carriage to view his amazing collection of art and antiquities from around the world. It was an interesting concept, and each room the carriage passes through contained very unique and unexpected things you will enjoy! This painting is just one of them!


Next, we ran to Tomorrowland even if it's at the opposite end of the park, because Panda and my sister wanted to try Hyperspace Mountain. That ride is really popular, and you can get a Fast Pass for it. The Fast Pass enables you to skip the line but at an allotted hour of the day. Our Fast Passes indicated for us to come back at 2:00 PM, so we checked out other attractions first.

Tip: You can also get a Fast Pass for The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh at Fantasyland. 😀


We went to Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, where we had to help Buzz Lightyear save the universe from the evil Emperor Zurg! This one's interactive, so you'd have to navigate the direction of your spaceship/seat and shoot the targets. I got the įŽŽ6įīš!

Cindy's favorite!


We spotted Star Liner Diner, but the prices are expensive. (It's like I'm seeing Peso signs instead of HKD, but they're really x6 in our currency.)


We also dropped by the Star Wars: Command Post and encountered R2-D2. At that stop, we were given Disneyland stickers!


We went to Fantasyland next, and I spotted It's a Small World. I remember my elder sister telling me that this ride was boring, but I found the exterior so cute and we went anyway. Haha!

When we got inside and the boat ride began, it was not boring at all! This place is so cute!

Panda!

Koalas! Hello, #ToCinO couple!


We just took a journey on the happiest cruise that ever sailed. We heard the song "it's a small world after all" in multiple languages (even in Tagalog!) and it was cute.


Next attraction: Hyperspace Mountain. UGH. I didn't want to but they did. Good think I took Bonamine (for motion sickness) earlier and I was hungry, so I had nothing to vomit if ever. LOL. After the ride, I didn't have any adverse reaction so this one's safe to ride! Haha. (The last time I rode Space Shuttle in Enchanted Kingdom over a decade ago, I fainted.) And would you believe that we rode Hyperspace Mountain again later that day (right after the Mickey and the Wondrous Book show), since there was no line. The second time around, Panda and I rode the front part of the cart, and it was less intimidating because in that position, you can see what will happen next and where the cart will go. Cindy was behind us, and she got a bit dizzy afterwards. So remember, prime seats at #1!

Finally, it's time to eat!


We chose this stand because it was more affordable than the previous restaurant we saw, so we'd still have budget for ice cream.

Sandwich (HKD 33)

Turkey Leg for Panda. I forgot how much this was but it's below HKD 60. Sana may rice!


When we stopped by the restroom, Panda saw a Magical Coin Press Machine. You drop HKD 15, and choose a design.

CUTIE! Thanks, Panda! 😍


We went to Grizzly Gulch and took photos at the Wild West Photo Fun. Jail time!


We also rode the Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars, which was fun. The mine cars raced out of the mountain, moving forward and backward!

Lincoln Logs


We lined up early for the Mickey and the Wondrous Book show.


Here, we saw Olaf, the Disney princesses sang, but my sister wasn't satisfied with Elsa's performance. She was retrained when it comes to hitting high notes.ðŸ˜Ū She must have not been feeling well that day.

Tips: If you can, try to line up earlier and sit in the middle aisle. The closer to the stage, the better. Towards the end of the show, there will be snow and confetti, and they won't reach the back.


Despite the cold weather, we were ready for our Frozen Lollipops! 😁


I had a Lotso Sherbet Bar, which I half regretted. Haha! I originally wanted Minnie Mouse, but it had strawberry mango flavor. I chose Lotso because it's pure strawberry, but it's a sherbet so it's a bit tangy.


Minnie Mouse Ice Cream Bar (which was my sister's) was strawberry and mango ice cream + chocolate coating at the back. If you plan to get Frozen Lollipops, get either Minnie Mouse or Mickey Mouse! 😋


We dropped by lots of shops selling cutesy Disney souvenirs. This keychain resembles the MTR handle! 😀

Kapit lang, Panda!


We also saw a restaurant that sold Asian cuisine. The wax food display looked really tempting, but they're too expensive.


We should have seen this earlier! Fish/shrimp/chicken nuggets and chips for HKD 48. Sounds good enough, but we decided to eat at Satay King (beside our Airbnb).


A few minutes before 7:00PM, we sat on the benches to get ready for the Disney Paint the Night Parade. The lights were dimmed, and Disney characters came out one by one!


Grand finale was of course Mickey Mouse and friends, but we weren't able to take photos. Such an amazing lights show. I'm sure my niece will enjoy this!


The Disney in the Stars Fireworks was at 8:00PM, and it rained a bit, but good thing it pushed through!

Thank you, Disneyland! It was an amazingly magical day.💖

After the fireworks, we brisked walk towards the MTR so we could avoid the crowd and get back to Mongkok (HKD 32) since we were starving already. While brisk walking, we spotted others doing the same. HEHE!

We made it back to Mongkok in around 35 minutes. It was crazy fast since we literally traveled from island to island and it took less than an hour. I love the MTR. If only we had that kind of transportation in the Philippines, our country will definitely be a better place.

The Satay King in Mongkok has a different ambiance than that of their Causeway Bay store (which had lovelier interiors). The one in Mongkok had a more casual, fast food feel.

Grain-Fed Beef Ramen in Satay Soup (HKD 57)

Lemongrass Pork w/ Rice in White Curry (HKD 55)

Pork Slices Kimchi Soup w/ Rice (HKD 63)

After seeing all the shocking prices of food at Hong Kong Disneyland, we were totally fine with the price range in Satay King. After being so active the entire day, we deserved this sumptuous last dinner in Hong Kong. Cindy and I shared the first two orders (SO YUMMY). The Lemongrass Pork was the same as our order the day before, but that one was snack size and this one was the full-sized version. YAY! Panda's order (the third dish) was great as well. Too bad our friend Tope wasn't with us, we think he will enjoy Satay King, too.

You think our long day ended after we had dinner? No! 😜 We went to Ladies' Market in Tung Choi Street (same street as DimDimSum!). We decided to go on our last night in Mongkok since on the first 2 days, we had no idea where it was. LOL. There were a lot of souvenirs, but I don't have officemates now so I didn't really need to buy. I also don't like the way they price their products. When you ask how much an item is, they'd give you a really ridiculously high price, and it's hard to say no to them once you ask for discount and they lower the price because they won't let you go. Also, the further you walk away, the lower the price gets. Haha. It's not my kind of shopping experience. Also, if you see Dinosaur Drivers flash drives on sale, like 10 pieces of cute 32GB USBs for just HKD 100, DON'T. We were duped to buying 5 pieces, but none of them worked. What a scam.

Day 3 summary: We loved Disneyland and we liked Satay King, but the Ladies' Market wasn't impressive at all. Stay tuned for Day 4: We'll be going to Macau! 😃

Read about my Hong Kong Travel Diary here:

Read ALL my travel-related posts HERE! 💜

Love,
Helen

Let's keep in touch!
Lucky Citrine on Facebook
Lucky Citrine on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...