Sunday, May 22, 2016

BYS Nude 2 Eyeshadow Palette

When I first saw this BYS Nude 2 Eyeshadow Palette, I immediately thought of Urban Decay Naked 2 (which I think is the goal of BYS). I'm not too keen on buying an eyeshadow palette that costs an arm and leg, so if there's a dupe that works just as nice and for half the price, why not try it? 

BYS is an Australian cosmetics brand, but most of their products are manufactured in China.
 

Here's BYS Nude 2 in its packaging. I'm not a huge fan of how it's presented though, but I appreciate that you can see the actual shades and state of the product.



At first glace, the palette's exterior looked really nice, but once you touch it, you'd know that it's made of cheap materials. The front part is so hard to open, the mirror gives off a tilted reflection that makes me dizzy, and let's not talk about the 2 applicators that came with it. However, I'm willing to look past all those because of what's inside.


While not exactly the same, the shades inside are a close match for the Naked 2 palette, which I don't own. (I just compared it via online swatches.) BYS Nude 2 has 12 shades of eyeshadow inside (4 matte and 8 shimmery).

Left to right:
Morning, Guestlist, Selfie, Flirt, VIP, Photo Op
Shots, Smoke Machine, D Floor, Pickup, Heels Off, Midnight

The first half of the palette have warmer tones (more browns and taupes), while the other half are cool-toned (more grays).

The 2 lighter mattes (Morning and Selfie) are a bit chalky, but the rest of the shades are crazy-pigmented! VIP is silky; Midnight glides on like intense black ink on my skin. VIP is my go-to shade for a natural, no-makeup look. Morning can be used as a matte highlighter for your nose if you have fair skin.

The metallic shades are beautiful and velvety! My favorites being Shots and the last 3 shimmery shades near the end of the palette. Almost all shades of BYS Nude 2 are buttery and smooth to apply, applied best using a better eyeshadow brush than the ones included in the palette. There is a bit of fallout, so you have to tap your brush first before applying it on your skin.

Pros:
  • Dupe for Urban Decay Naked 2
  • Comes in 4 matte and 8 shimmery shades
  • Shades are labeled individually
  • Very pigmented
  • Smooth and velvety application
  • Does not easily crease even on my oily lids
  • Good value for money

Cons:
  • Cheap packaging (from the closure, mirror, to the applicator)
  • Eyeshadow fallout (minimal)

Price: P1,199
Available in Watsons and leading department stores

Facebook: BYS Philippines

Love,
Helen

Let's keep in touch!
Lucky Citrine on Facebook
Lucky Citrine on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...