Saturday, January 9, 2016

Loving My Pink Asus Zenfone Selfie!

Before, I wasn't one to pay attention to gadgets, but my Panda loves them, and so I am influenced but in a good way. Last year, I bought a laptop as my birthday gift (also because I'm finding it increasingly hard to work with our old desktop computer at home). Before 2015 ended, I finally purchased a new phone since my old Android was dying a slow and painful death. (About time!) I am very practical, so I make sure to make my big purchases count. So far, I haven't regretted any, since I consider them investments or rewards for myself - such as this Asus Zenfone Selfie in pink!

To be honest, it was the color that first drawn me to it. If it weren't pink when I first laid my eyes on it in the mall, I wouldn't have taken notice. LOL. I also needed a phone that supports dual SIM, since I'm using both Sun and Globe networks. I don't like the hassle of having a super luxe smartphone for one SIM, and the other one's just in a spare run-down unit. I researched more on this phone and was very amazed. I mean, for its price and features, it's already a steal! 
 

Let's unbox! :D
 

Asus Zenfone Selfie comes with a warranty card, a user guide, in-ear headphones, two pairs of spare earbuds, a charger adapter, and USB cord.



Asus Zenfone Selfie has a 5.5-inch screen with a high resolution 1920x1080 Full HD IPS display that offers wide 178-degree viewing angles. It has a pixel density of 403 ppi for you to enjoy every image in great detail. This phone has a blue light filter for eye care, which is a nice thoughtful touch. The display is made of Gorilla Glass 4; it offers 2X the drop-damage resistance, 2.5X increase in retained strength, and is 85% less likely to break in daily use as compared to its predecessor. (The OC me still likes to have tempered glass over it for double protection!)


This phone features the industry’s first octa-core, 64-bit processor - Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 615. It also has a 3 GB RAM, which is good since your phone won't hang even if you have a lot of apps open. If you're mostly using your phone for taking photos, posting them on your social media apps, and surfing the internet, then you won't have any problems at all with the RAM size, but if you're into gaming this will probably have an effect. Internal storage is 32 GB, and it has a micro SD slot that's expandable for up to 128 GB! (You will never get that with an iPhone. I love you, Android!) The operating system is the new ASUS UI with Android 5.0 Lollipop.

It comes with a detachable rechargeable 3000 mAh Li-Polymer Battery Pack that charges fastly - up to 60% in 60 minutes, provided you use the specified charger that comes with the phone. Battery life is also long-lasting at an average of 10 hours.


This phone has 3 slots in total - 2 SIM slots for dual Micro SIM, and 1 slot for Micro SD card. I needed a dual SIM phone, hence this is a non-negotiable factor for me, and I'm so glad Asus understands. This phone supports dual standby by 4G LTE Network, so both SIM cards support 2G/3G/4G, as opposed to other dual SIM phones which only support 2G for the second SIM.


Asus Zenfone Selfie comes in a LOT of color choices. Sometimes, I wish they sold the cases separately, so I can change my phone's look whenever I feel like it. Their first release came in cutesy pastel colors with an eggshell finish. It's pearly with a matte feel, and its very smooth to the touch. You can get the ones with the Premium UV Coating in Chic Pink, Aqua Blue, Pure White, and Charcoal Black.
 

Then they came up with the Hairline Design series in Glacier Grey, Glamour Red, and Sheer Gold. (I'm not really sure why it's called hairline, but I'm very attracted to the red and gold ones.) 
 

And then, they became so mean when they recently released the Polygon Series with deluxe back covers in Illusion White, Illusion Blue, and Illusion Pink - with the same price at the classic cases! Huhu. They have it in pink! I don't know whether to feel sad or happy when I saw this, since I'm already very much in love with my Chic Pink back cover. Haha! In the end, I calmed down and consoled myself, "At least you enjoyed and explored your phone earlier." :D
 

But my sadness was just short-lived after I saw THIS - the only case I'll ever want and lust after. This one is designed CutiePieMarzia (and my Panda is a fan of PewDiePie), and Asus only gives this beautiful, space-inspired case as a prize for their giveaway winners. So this one's probably impossible to get, so I'll just dream and be content for now. (Asus, if you do sell this, do let me know pretty please!)
 

Last new years day, my phone would greet me "Happy New Year!" before turning into the usual temperature forecast. Also, I made my vision board my phone's wallpaper to remind me of my goals. (I love my phone!!!) 
 

Then this morning, my phone told me that it's "Time to Work"...on a Saturday! I don't have work, okay? But I appreciate the thought. Haha!

But lastly, let's not forget why this phone is called Zenfone Selfie. It takes awesomely crisp shots with its 13 MegaPixel front and back cameras! Yup, that's the highest front camera quality I've ever encountered for a smartphone. Dual LED Real Tone Flash ensures natural, life-like shots, while the special low light mode also boasts of 400% brighter photos and videos, noise reduction, and contrast increase for both cameras. 
 

Rear Camera Shot:
This photo of Panda, me, and Fifi was taken against the light during lunch time. Other phone cameras would have just taken a shadowy shot. The rear camera has laser auto-focus technology at the speed of less than 0.2 second for the fastest possible clarity.


Front Camera Shot:
Ness and Analyn looking so fresh with the Beautification feature. It's my favorite feature since you can do real-time adjustments on skin tone, blush, skin softening, skin whitening, eye enhancement, and cheeks thinning. It's also so amusing to play with! :3

Tip: Swipe an "S" on the screen to instantly activate the Selfie feature of the camera - bypassing the lock and home screens!


Most of my IG uploads and blog photos are now taken with my Asus Zenfone Selfie. This photo of Shakey's Marble Brownie a la Mode is one of my favorite shots. The back camera can do macro focusing right down to 6cm for ultimate close-up clarity.



I canvassed on many retailers and most of them sold the Asus Zenfone Selfie at P11,995 (as of last November 16, 2015). It's still being sold at the same price as of press time. I bought my unit at CMK Cellphones at Roosevelt Avenue since it's near my place and they give freebie options. My phone came with these GWPs: FREE SanDisk 16 GB Micro SD card, tempered glass screen protector, and OTG cable. I bought a clear jelly case from them for P150, but now they're also giving it away for free. >.< (They did it probably to ward of competitors and delay the effect of depreciation with value-added freebies.) My jelly case is now yellowish and dirty, but it saves my phone from scratches so we're good.



Last Christmas, my Panda (and Desi) gifted me with the only power bank I ever wanted. Also from Asus! And you could do a wild guess on why I want it. It's based on the color again. Hahaha! And it's size and charging capacity. I'm excited to bring my Asus Zenfone Selfie and Credit Card Size Power Bank for an international trip this month! Will be sharing with you guys photos on IG, so do follow @luckycitrine for updates! :)

My sister wants to buy a new phone, and I'm endlessly raving about Asus Zenfone Selfie. We'll see if she gives in!

Like Asus Philippines for more information.

Love,
Helen

6 comments:

  1. Super cute packaging and pink is love! My officemate's phone is also that one and she's satisfied with its performance. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pareho tayo ng phone! And powerbank color. Haha apir!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gasp... that hologram asus phone though..
    i fell in love...

    YouTube: Reina Tsukada

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...