Sunday, September 22, 2013

The Body Shop Colour Crush Makeup

We're all used to the standard brown eyeshadow-pink lipstick makeup look, but why not switch it up a bit with pink eyeshadow-nude lipstick for a change? When done in a subtle way, this look is very wearable!

The Body Shop Colour Crush Makeup

The Body Shop's newest range of makeup, called Colour Crush, has eyeshadows and lipsticks all containing marula oil sourced through Community Fair Trade, which brings real benefits to over 5,000 Namibian women.

The Body Shop Colour Crush Eyeshadow in 301 Pink Crush (P595.00)

An intensely pigmented, pearlescent or matte eyeshadow (dependant on colour) with a silky-soft texture. It’s easy to blend and great for building layers of colour. Dermatalogically and Ophthalmologically tested. Suitable for contact lens wearers.
  • Intense colour
  • Pearlescent or Matte finish (dependant on colour)
  • Silky-soft texture
  • Use wet or dry


The shade I have is 301 Pink Crush, which has a pearlescent finish. Depending on how the light hits it, it either looks baby pink or lilac.

Swatch:
 
 
Trust me when I say, this looks way better in actual.

Pros:
  • It's pigmented.
  • It has a beautiful color payoff.
  • It has a velvety powder texture.
  • It is easy to blend.

Cons:
  • It still creases on my oily lids. (I didn't use primer beforehand.)
  • Pricey as it contains only 1.5g of product.

The Body Shop Colour Crush Lipstick in 335 Hot Date (P695.00)

This luscious lipstick gives a stunning pop of colour and rich moisture, infused with a subtle rose scent.
  • High-impact colour
  • Rich moisture
  • Infused with a subtle rose scent


Ingredients:


The Colour Crush Lipsticks contain the finest quality crushed pigments blended with a drop of nurturing cherry seed oil and coated with Community Fair Trade marula oil. This results to vivid colours and a super comfortable wear.

The new Colour Crush Lipstick collection is replacing the Colourglide lipsticks. The new collection comes in 3 color families: reds, pinks, and nudes - with a total of 24 shades! These lipsticks are 100% cruelty-free, 100% vegetarian, and 100% high impact.


I love the sophisticated packaging of the Colour Crush lipstick. A new feature of which is the cap indicating the colour family of the lipstick - for instance, mine came in brown so it's part of the nude colour family.


The shade I got is 335 Hot Date, which is a pretty rose shade with a slight purple undertone. It has a creamy finish instead of matte, as The Body Shop has indicated. (I think what they meant with matte is that it contains no shimmer.)

Swatches:


 

Pros:
  • The lipstick is crazy pigmented.
  • It glides on like butter on my lips. This one gives me the smoothest application among all the lipsticks I've tried (to date).
  • It is ultra moisturizing so there's no need for lip balm.
  • No chapping even when worn all day.
  • It does not bleed or feather.
  • It's all good - 100% cruelty-free, 100% vegetarian, plus with Community Fair Trade ingredients.
  • The shade I have (335 Hot Date) has that stealthy ability to make my teeth look whiter. :D
  • This lipstick lasts a long time on me. It stays on even after eating since it somehow leaves a stain on the lips. After eating, the creamy sheen will definitely be gone, but it won't leave your lips looking pale either.

Cons:
  • It has a rose scent that may not appeal to everyone.
  • The base of the lipstick only indicates the shade number, and not the shade name.


I like the Colour Crush Eyeshadow in 301 Pink Crush since it's a shade I can wear everyday. It's subtle yet very pretty, and it brightens up my eye area. On the other hand, I am in LOVE with the Colour Crush Lipstick in 335 Hot Date! I never thought deeper shades of lipstick would work for me since I've always been the "red and pink lipstick only" kind of girl. This shade is perfect for fall (even if we don't have fall/winter here in the Philippines), or the holidays! As for me, I'm wearing this everyday. :D

Will I repurchase? Colour Crush Eyeshadow - no. Colour Crush Lipstick - yes. (I'm just more into lipsticks than eyeshadows in general.)
Price: P595.00 (Eyeshadow), P695.00 (Lipstick)
If you're a Love Your Body (LYB) member, you can get both the Eyeshadow and Lipstick at just P790.00, and save P500.00!
Available in all The Body Shop stores nationwide.

So what do you think of The Body Shop's newest Colour Crush makeup collection? Like The Body Shop, Philippines on Facebook for more information, updates, and promos on their newest products!

Love,
Helen

12 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...