Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Life-Proof Brows with Project Vanity x Ellana Minerals

Ever since my encounter with Ellana during their relaunch way back in 2014, I was and still am so hooked on their products. I get to try a lot of beauty products for review, but ALWAYS go back to my trusty Ellana Loose Mineral Foundation when my skin needs to rest but still needs coverage. Just recently, they've come up with an eyebrow pomade that promises to be life-proof, sweat-proof, and water-proof! If you're interested with the Project Vanity x Ellana Minerals Life-Proof Eyebrow Gel, then read on! 😊
 

Kilay is life, and being the go-getter that you are, it's important to have brows that would stay on ALL DAY no matter how busy your schedule is (and how oily your face gets LOL). I still remember the days when I had to do OT work and if I would accidentally rub my face, part of my eyebrows would come off! Yikes! That won't have to happen anymore.(Confession: I cheated by doing eyebrow microblading years ago, so the when worn shot below will be my sister's brows.)

Project Vanity collaborated with Ellana Minerals to create life-proof eyebrow gels in 3 shades that would suit Asian skin and hair: Light Brown, Red Brown, and Dark Brown.
 

The Project Vanity x Ellana Minerals Life-Proof Eyebrow Gel is housed in a pink cardboard box that's actually Liz's painting! The pots are housed in lightweight acrylic jars making it travel-friendly. This product contains marula oil to nourish your brows, and it's paraben-free, cruelty-free, and fragrance-free. 

Swatches
(Photo Credit: Ellana Mineral Cosmetics)

Look at how pigmented they are! But don't let it intimidate you though because they look really natural when applied with an angled brush.

Light Brown - when worn

Among the 3 shades, Light Brown is the most universal as it can suit both black and colored hair. This shade works best with sparse brows such as my sister's. It's actually perfect - not too red, not too warm. And true to its claims, it IS life-proof. You can feel secure with this one, in a way that it will not rub off at any point during the day. This is the product my sister wished she had when she went to makeup school earlier this year. It's that useful.

As for the other 2 shades: Red Brown will suit auburn hair, and it doubles as cream eyeshadow. Dark Brown is too dark for light skin and it still doesn't match my tattoed brow (that's now gray). I prefer using this shade as eyeliner instead.

You can mix several shades together for a more natural outcome - like use a dark color for the bottom and tail of the brows, and blend a lighter shade at the beginning and top of the arch.

Price: P499
Available at all Ellana counters nationwide, The Project Vanity Store, Ellana Online Store, Shopee, and Lazada

What do you think about this Project Vanity x Ellana collaboration? 💖

Love,
Helen

Follow @LUCKYCITRINE on Instagram 🤶

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...