Sunday, August 27, 2017

Althea Petal Velvet Powder

Althea Korea has been my go-to place for Korean beauty, since I find it very convenient to just shop online as I barely have time to stroll around the mall anymore. The prices of the products there are sometimes even lower than SRP here in the Philippines! 😍 (For example, I was able to buy the bestselling Laneige BB Cushion for only P1320 + free shipping, while the SRP in our local mall is P1,950.) 😮


Just this month, Althea launched their own product range, and their first release is the Petal Velvet Powder. 🌺

 
The press kit it came with is the prettiest! 💖
 

The powder comes in a simple but pretty packaging. The soft pink cap is reminiscent of the classic pink Althea boxes, and the base where the powder is contained has a frosted look. It's compact, lightweight, and feels sturdy. You can be sure that this won't suddenly cause a mess in your bag. 👍
 
Hello Beautiful! Please remove this sticker before use.
 

It comes with a thick, fluffy, ultra soft puff. It's such a treat to use, though I only use the puff in the morning when my skin is clean as I'd like to preserve it's pristine state. You can also use a brush to blend it better.
 

This translucent powder comes in only 1 shade (white), and it does not alter your face base. I had my colleague join me in a wear test, and she compared this to Innisfree No Sebum Powder. Both powders similarly have a very finely milled texture, but Althea held up longer on her very oily skin. Also, this powder was able to prevent makeup from oxidizing and turning a shade darker by midday.

Before & After
 
The powder has a lightweight and soft texture - just like flower petals! It has a very mild and pleasant scent.
 
When worn

As for me, I skip my oil blotting sheets the whole day when I use this powder to set my makeup! This powder blurs out pores and fine lines and gives my skin a velvety soft feel. This powder is infused with oil from Althea seeds that keeps oil at bay without drying out the skin. You can use this to set your makeup and also for retouch. 😊
 

This powder is non-comedogenic, made for all skin types, and is cruelty-free. It gives me a radiant, airbrushed finish which I am very happy with. It didn't cause breakouts, and I've been using it everyday since I got it. Oh, and it's very affordable, too! 😍 I'm crossing my fingers that they would expand the Althea brand products, since their first one is really good.

Price: P210
Exclusively available at Althea

Facebook: Althea
Instagram: @AltheaKorea

Love,
Helen

Let's keep in touch!
For quick updates or any questions, just shoot me a message on IG!

FOLLOW @LUCKYCITRINE on Instagram
LIKE Lucky Citrine on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...